Some posts on this site contain an affiliate link. Clicking on an affiliate link does not increase the cost of the product if you buy it. It does mean that I MAY make a commission if you purchase the item. Affiliate links are used in an attempt to offset the operational costs incurred by running this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Sriracha and Honey Crispy Cod recipe from 5-Ingredient Air Fryer Recipes. Honey can be used for so much more than sweetening tea and drizzling on scones; here, it works in tandem with Sriracha, lending deep flavor to cod fillets.
Sriracha and Honey Crispy Cod recipe courtesy of 5-Ingredient Air Fryer Recipes by Camilla Saulsbury © 2017 www.robertrose.ca Available where books are sold.
Photo credit for images: Matt Johannsson / Reflector Inc.
Sriracha and Honey Crispy Cod
Honey can be used for so much more than sweetening tea and drizzling on scones; here, it works in tandem with Sriracha, lending deep flavor to cod fillets.
Makes 2 servings
Other varieties of hot pepper sauce can be used in place of the Sriracha.
The thickness of cod fillets can vary significantly. Reduce the minimum cooking time by 1 to 2 minutes for thinner fillets and add extra cooking time for thicker fillets as needed.
- 3⁄4 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs) (175 mL)
- 2 tbsp Sriracha (30 mL)
- 2 tbsp liquid honey (30 mL)
- 2 skinless cod fillets (each about 6 oz/175 g)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat air fryer to 360°F (180°C)
- Spread panko in a shallow dish.
- In another shallow dish, stir together Sriracha and honey until blended.
- Working with 1 fillet at a time, dip in Sriracha mixture, shaking off excess, then dredge in panko until coated, shaking off excess. As they are dredged, place fillets in air fryer basket, spacing them evenly. Spray with cooking spray. Discard any excess Sriracha mixture and panko.
- Air-fry for 9 to 13 minutes or until crust is golden brown and fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out my 5-Ingredient Air Fryer Recipes cookbook review which contains a Pecan Pie Roll-ups recipe, as well as an Asian Barbecue Chicken Wings recipe, both of which I have shared with permission of the publisher.