The product(s) featured in this post was provided free of cost to me. Please note that, as always, any personal opinions reflected in this post are my own and have not been influenced by the sponsor in any way.
- Author: Camilla Saulsbury
- Paperback: 288 pages
- Publisher: Robert Rose (February 15, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0778805905
- ISBN-13: 978-0778805908
- Cover price $24.95
- Purchase on Amazon
Life is filled with countless little pleasures – crispy, crunchy fried food is one of them.
Thanks to the invention of the home air fryer, which relies on hot air rather than hot oil to “fry” foods, you need not wait for weekend splurges or special occasions to savor this simple delight.Armed with your air fryer, you can have your fried foods and eat them too, all with a tiny fraction of the fat and calories. Plus, you avoid the messy cleanup left in the wake of traditional oil-fried foods.
But why stop there? What if your favorite fried foods (and so many more) could be made with a small number of familiar ingredients, minimal preparation and little time? If that sounds too good to be true, think again, because such recipes are quite literally in your hands.
All of the recipes in this collection require no more than five ingredients (excluding salt, pepper, water and cooking spray), and – apart from a small few – can be made in 15 to 20 minutes with minimal preparation.
Each recipe is unique, designed exclusively for the air fryer and downright delectable. The results are every bit as irresistible as higher-fat options – perhaps even more so. Moreover, each dish is delicious proof that a recipe needn’t rely on expensive, hard-to-find ingredients and complicated steps to be excellent. Whether you are a novice or a well-seasoned air-fry cook, you will find recipe after recipe that delivers impressive results, time and again.
May this collection inspire you to head to the kitchen to let the air-frying fun begin. The recipes will carry you through every type of occasion, from an impromptu party with friends to quick meals before and after work, as well as through every season of the year.
The beginning of this cookbook contains an introduction to air fryers, including tips for choosing an air fryer, cooking tips, and commonly used ingredients. Then come the recipes.
Chapters in this cookbook include:
- Vegan Mains
- Fish and Seafood
- Chicken and Turkey
- Pork, Beef and lamb
- Breads and Muffins
The recipes in this cookbook are pretty straightforward. The ingredients called for are things that you either have on hand or can easily get at a local store. There are plenty of cooking and prep tips as well as variations. Cooking time is not listed separately so you will need to read through an entire recipe in order to determine if you’ll have enough time to make it. Most of the recipes in this cookbook don’t have a photo, which is something I find very helpful in helping me decide what to make and know what it should look like. With 200 recipes, this cookbook is ideal for anyone with an air fryer.
Here’s a recipe from the cookbook.
Courtesy of 5-Ingredient Air Fryer Recipes by Camilla Saulsbury © 2017 www.robertrose.ca Available where books are sold.
Photo credit for images: Matt Johannsson / Reflector Inc.
Pecan Pie Roll-Ups
The familiar flavors of pecans, brown sugar and pie crust — these roll-ups taste like bite-sized pecan pies — will make any day Thanksgiving.
Makes 16 roll-ups
You can use homemade or thawed frozen pie pastry dough in place of the packaged crust. Use enough dough for a 9-inch (23 cm) single-crust pie, rolled out to a 10-inch (25 cm) circle.
For increased flavor, toast the pecans before adding them to the recipe. Place pecan halves directly in air fryer basket and air-fry at 360°F (180°C) for 4 to 6 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant. Let cool before chopping.
- 6-inch (15 cm) round metal cake pan, sprayed with nonstick cooking spray
- 5 tbsp packed brown sugar, divided (75 mL)
- 3 oz brick-style cream cheese, softened (90 g)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp water (15 mL)
- 1 refrigerated rolled pie crust (from a 15-oz/425 g package)
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves, finely chopped (125 mL)
- Preheat air fryer to 330°F (165°C)
- In a small bowl, stir together 3 tbsp (45 mL) brown sugar and cream cheese until blended and smooth.
- In another small bowl, whisk together egg and water.
- On work surface, unroll pie crust. Spread with cream cheese mixture to within 1⁄4inch (0.5 cm) of edge. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Cut crust into 16 equal wedges. Starting at a wide end, roll up each wedge toward the point.
- Place 5 to 6 roll-ups in prepared pan, spacing them evenly (refrigerate the remaining roll-ups). Lightly brush with egg wash and sprinkle with some of the remaining brown sugar.
- Place pan in air fryer basket. Air-fry for 24 to 28 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 with the remaining roll-ups, egg wash and brown sugar. Discard any excess egg wash.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check the Sriracha & Honey Crispy Cod and Asian Barbecue Chicken Wings recipes, both of which I have shared with permission of the publisher.