Some posts on this site contain an affiliate link. Clicking on an affiliate link does not increase the cost of the product if you buy it. It does mean that I MAY make a commission if you purchase the item. Affiliate links are used in an attempt to offset the operational costs incurred by running this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I love rich and creamy soups, and potato based soups are some of my favorites. But, cooking the potatoes is not one of my favorite things, because if I’m doing it on the stove top it takes a while. So, I thought I’d try my hand at making some in the Instant Pot. I loved the resulting soup. It was super warming and filling, and was perfect for the chilly evening. Here’s how I made it.
Instant Pot Bacon Cheddar Potato Soup
Some of the posts on this site, such as this one, contain an affiliate link. This means I MAY get paid a VERY SMALL commission if you purchase the product or service.
- Instant Pot pressure cooker (I used the 6 qt model)
- Instant Pot glass lid – I love this lid because it keeps the food warm while I’m serving or while we’re eating
- Instant Pot silicone lid – This lid is for food storage purposes. It will enable you to store your Instant Pot in the fridge, keeping your meal or leftovers covered and fresh.
- Instant Pot silicone mitts
- silicone spoon
- measuring cup – I like the Pyrex glass measuring cups. They are super easy to read, wash well, and are very sturdy when placed on the counter.
- knife –
- cutting board
Here’s convenient buttons that will let you easily purchase any of the items I’ve listed.
Instant Pot Glass LidInstant Pot Silicone LidInstant Pot Silicone MittsPyrex 20pc Glass StoragePyrex 3-piece Glass Measuring Cup SetInstant Pot 7-in-1 Multi-function Pressure CookerCook’s Pro Adjustable Measuring Spoon Set
- 32 oz frozen diced potatoes
- 2x 10.5 oz cans cream of chicken soup
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 4 oz shredded bacon
- 8 oz shredded sharp cheddar
- 32 oz hot water
- 4 chicken boullion cubes
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
Place the potatoes into the Instant Pot. (I lightly sprayed the pot with nonstick cooking spray first.)
Combine the boullion cubes with the hot water and then add that to the pot.
Add the cans of cream of chicken soup, cream cheese, bacon, onion powder and garlic powder.
Set the pressure cooker to soup, which is 10 minutes.
Once that is finished, open the Instant Pot and add the shredded cheddar.
Set to manual 5 minutes and cook, stirring occasionally.