Some posts on this site contain an affiliate link. Clicking on an affiliate link does not increase the cost of the product if you buy it. It does mean that I MAY make a commission if you purchase the item. Affiliate links are used in an attempt to offset the operational costs incurred by running this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I put together a little video tour of our new Oreck XL Gold Vacuum. The video also contains some of the reasons we love it.
- The outer bag of the vacuum has 5 layers. Underneath that there is a 4 layer hypo-allergenic inner bag. Between the two bags 99.9% of dust particles are eliminated. Inside the bag there’s a compartment where you can place a Fresh Air Tab, which helps neutralize odors. Since you’ve never been in my house just trust me that this is a much needed feature.
- The vacuum has 2 speeds and the speeds are controlled up in the handle. On all of my other vacuums the speed was controlled on the vacuum itself so you had to stop the vacuum and bend over to switch it when you wanted to change speeds.
- That handle I mentioned? It’s a “helping hand” handle. That means it requires no squeezing to use it so even people with arthritis can use it without problems.
- The vacuum weighs only 9 pounds. I could easily move it from room to room or carry it up and downstairs if I had to. Fortunately for me I don’t – the Oreck XL Gold Vacuum is part of a Power Team which also includes a portable canister (which I’ll be reviewing in another video).
- The vacuum has a direct suction system. That means the motor and hoses are aligned for maximum efficiency, causing 102 MPH suction and 6,500 RPM revolutions. These two things are what made my carpet stand back up after laying flat for a couple of years. This is what we love about it. To be blunt, this vacuum really sucks – and I do mean that in a good way. It picked up dirt in the carpet that our other vacuum left behind. It picked up the fibers in the carpet too, making it look much nicer! We’ve had a number of vacuums and none of them had enough suction to do this.
- The Oreck XL Gold Vacuum comes with a 5 year warranty and 5 free annual tune-ups.
The Oreck XL Gold is part of a Power Team. I’ll be going over the high points of that portable canister in another post. Another secret way to enter the giveaway will be in that post as well so check back tomorrow.
There’s still time to enter to win an Oreck XL Gold Vacuum for yourself. CLICK HERE TO ENTER TO WIN AN ORECK XL GOLD VACUUM.