Some posts on this site contain an affiliate link. Clicking on an affiliate link does not increase the cost of the product if you buy it. It does mean that I MAY make a commission if you purchase the item. Affiliate links are used in an attempt to offset the operational costs incurred by running this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pico de Gallo Chicken Quesadillas Waffle Maker recipe. These quesadillas are so easy and addictive, you’ll make them again and again. After all, who wouldn’t love a dish that is bursting with flavor and is so versatile?
Courtesy of 150 Best Waffle Maker Recipes by Marilyn Haugen © 2017 www.robertrose.ca Available where books are sold.
Photo credit for images: Matt Johannsson / Reflector Inc.
The product(s) featured in this post was provided free of cost to me. Please note that, as always, any personal opinions reflected in this post are my own and have not been influenced by the sponsor in any way.
Pico de Gallo Chicken Quesadillas
These quesadillas are so easy and addictive, you’ll make them again and again. After all, who wouldn’t love a dish that is bursting with flavor and is so versatile?
Makes 4 servings
A store-bought rotisserie chicken makes this recipe really easy, but you can use any leftover chicken.
To make this recipe, you’ll need:
• Fine-mesh sieve
• Baking sheet with wire rack
Pico de Gallo
- 1 cup diced plum (Roma) tomatoes (250 mL)
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 large onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro (125 mL)
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice (10 mL)
- 8 small (6-inch/15 cm) flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken (250 mL)
Nonstick cooking spray
Sour cream (optional)
1. Pico de Gallo: Place tomatoes in a fine-mesh sieve set over a bowl or the sink. Season with 1 tsp (5 mL) salt and toss gently. Let drain for 25 minutes, then discard liquid.
2. In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, jalapeños, onion, cilantro and lime juice. Season to taste with salt, if necessary.
3. Quesadillas: Preheat waffle maker and preheat oven to 200°F (100°C).
4. Place 1 tortilla on a plate and sprinkle with one-quarter each of the chicken, cheese and pico de gallo, spreading to within 1⁄4 inch (0.5 cm) of the edge. Top with another tortilla.
5. Spray waffle maker with cooking spray. Carefully transfer quesadilla to waffle maker and cook for 2 to 4 minutes or until tortilla is browned and cheese is melted. Transfer to rack on baking sheet and keep warm in preheated oven.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 with remaining tortillas and filling, spraying waffle maker as necessary between quesadillas.
7. Cut each quesadilla into 4 to 6 wedges and serve warm with sour cream, if using.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out my 150 Best Waffle Maker Recipes cookbook review which contains a Waffled Veggie Tots recipe, as well as a Crispy Crab Cakes with Chipotle Aioli recipe, both of which I have shared with permission of the publisher. You can purchase 150 Best Waffle Maker Recipes on Amazon.