Some posts on this site contain an affiliate link. Clicking on an affiliate link does not increase the cost of the product if you buy it. It does mean that I MAY make a commission if you purchase the item. Affiliate links are used in an attempt to offset the operational costs incurred by running this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This post is in partnership with MemoryWeb. Please note that, as always, any personal opinions reflected in this post are my own.
As technology progresses many people find themselves using their connected devices to take photos. After all, the convenience factor of being readily available and needing no film can’t be ignored. But, because technology is so readily available, we often find out photos scattered across different devices. Some might be on a laptop, others on a desktop, even more on a tablet, and still more on a cell phone. With all of your memories scattered in different places like that it’s kind of difficult to enjoy them or share them. And, if something happens and your device is broken, misplaced or stolen you may never have your photos back again. MemoryWeb makes managing and enjoying your memories simple!
What is MemoryWeb?
MemoryWeb is a new app for iOS. With MemoryWeb’s patented technology, we make photo sharing, organizing, tagging and collaborating with friends and family on images easier than ever.
What’s so special about that?
I haven’t seen another app that does what MemoryWeb does. Some of its highlights include:
- MemoryWeb Automates Everything Tedious About Photo Collections, and Enables Custom Sharing and Printing
- MemoryWeb does the maximum heavy-lifting to automate tedious photo organization tasks such as uploading, sorting and tagging.
- Automatic collection tagging when uploading from computers, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.
- AUTOTAGGING: Photo data is tagged and used to sort your photos into unique views like memories, locations, people, collections and more. You can easily add your own tags too.
- People already tagged in photos from social accounts are auto-tagged upon import.
- Automatic location name grouping when GPS is within a certain distance.
- Automatic date tagging—which you can change, if needed.
- Suggests people tagging through facial recognition
- You can tag people, places photos as you wish.
- Other photo apps only allow you to tag scanned photos with the date they were uploaded. MemoryWeb allows you to tag images and image collections with a single click, so all mom’s wedding photos say, “Dec. 2, 1959,” not the day you uploaded them.
- Print to an AirPrinter.
What does all of that mean? Basically it means that MemoryWeb does the work you’ve been doing and more, freeing up your time and energies.
I gave Memory Web a try. And when I say that I gave it a try, I mean that I really made it work, leaving it with over 19,000 photos to gather up at first glance. Full disclosure. While the original sync is almost effortless, it can take a while to complete. But to be honest, what it might take MemoryWeb a couple of days to do, well it would take you years to do it manually.
Once your photos have all been gathered, they are grouped by date. So photos from a particular Sunday football game are all together, as are photos from a weekend rock festival.
The photos in the album share the same date, obviously. They also may share other information, such as tags for people and location. If they weren’t marked as such on their original platforms you can add them in. In the album for the weekend rock festival, for example, all of the included photos imported with the date, location and captions intact.
Perhaps my favorite feature (it’s hard to pick just one!) is the ability to see photos from the same date all in one place. If you click on the Memories tab, you will see a list of dates. When you click on a date you will see photos taken during different years, on that date.
Collections give a look at your photos grouped by theme.
After the Collections tab you find a People tab. This shows all of the people that frequently appear in your photos.
The last tab on the right is one of my other favorite features, the Location tab. It imposes your photos onto a map of the world. Ever taken a photo while you’re traveling, only to want it later and have no idea where it is? Those photos from the extended family vacation will be easy to find!
There are a few areas within the app that you’ll need to set up. Notifications inform you when new things are added to your account. Photo syncs is where you choose which social media platforms MemoryWeb should grab photos from. It currently includes iOS, Facebook, Instagram and Dropbox. Desktop upload is where you specify what operating system your computer is, so MemoryWeb can send it a link to the desktop installer. The desktop installer then gathers the photos from your computer and adds them to the other photos.
Here’s a brief video showing MemoryWeb in action.
MemoryWeb is powered by a smart logic engine that is constantly learning. There are currently seven innovative features that help make the app what it is.
1. Our powerful Logic Engine connects the who, what, where and when behind photos to create custom memories for you
2. Interactive dot-tags allow you to click to unique ways of looking at groups of related photos, such finding photos by person, or clicking a location and seeing all photos taken there across time
3. Our 360 degree collaborative sharing allows groups of people to build joint albums within the privacy of their own accounts. This is perfect for families, group travel, reunions, clubs, sports, etc.
Your private place to build joint collections – adding photos, details, comments – with people you trust You remain in control of these shared collection, and approve all comments.
4. Our Interactive Journey maps let you track and explore your adventures in whole new ways. Zoom in, out, across all the places you’ve been. Drill down to see all photos taken in a place across time.
5. Our people profiles create family connections – add your mother and father and those of your family and your siblings will be added automatically
6. Time travel by viewing all your photos via our time scroller or see the age of a person as you scroll across their photos
7. Our “Back-of–the-Photo” data mobility allows your photos to leave MemoryWeb intact.
What does MemoryWeb cost?
The MemoryWeb app is free to download for three months. After that there are two prices.
Highest Resolution – up to 1 T of storage
Your images will be saved at the original size they are imported. This file size is good for larger than normal printing and onscreen resolution. This format is best when you need your photos for things like poster size prints, TV display and/or just want to ensure the highest quality resolution is maintained. If you only need normal printing sizes and the onscreen resolution, a Standard Resolution account may be sufficient for your needs.
- $14.99/every 3 months
Standard Resolution – up to 1 T of storage
Your images will be saved as compressed files. This file size is good for normal printing sizes and the onscreen resolution will show little to no reduction in quality for typical display sizes. If you are looking to save a file so it can be used in larger-scale formats (eg, banner printing or TV screen display) or is archival quality, you may want to choose the Highest Resolution account instead.