Some posts on this site contain an affiliate link. Clicking on an affiliate link does not increase the cost of the product if you buy it. It does mean that I MAY make a commission if you purchase the item. Affiliate links are used in an attempt to offset the operational costs incurred by running this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
The product(s) featured in this post was provided at no cost to me for the sole purpose of product testing and review. This post has not been monetarily compensated. Please note that, as always, any personal opinions reflected in this post are my own and have not been influenced by the sponsor in any way. Some of the posts
Marvel Studios Doctor Strange
- Blu-ray/DVD Release Date: February 28, 2017
- Rated: PG-13 Parents Strongly Cautioned
- Run Time: 115 minutes
- Number of discs: 2
- Studio: Buena Vista Home Entertainment
- ASIN: B01MG2YEWH
- Purchase on Amazon
Actors: Benedict Cumberbatch, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Rachel McAdams, Benedict Wong, Mads Mikkelsen
Directors: Scott Derrickson
Writers: Jon Spaihts and Scott Derrickson & C. Robert Cargi
From Marvel Studios comes DOCTOR STRANGE, the story of world-famous neurosurgeon Dr. Stephen Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch), whose life changes forever after a horrific car accident renders his hands useless. When traditional medicine fails him, he travels to remote Kamar-Taj in search of a cure, but instead discovers the mystical arts and becomes a powerful sorcerer battling dark forces bent on destroying our reality.
- A Strange Transformation — Open your eye to a new dimension of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and see how the filmmakers brought one of comic books’ greatest characters to life
- Strange Company — Find out what it’s like for the cast to work on a Marvel film, and how Director Scott Derrickson engineered one of the most ambition, imaginative films ever
- The Fabric of Reality — Take a closer look at the movie’s extraordinary sets, meticulously crafted costumes and amazingly detailed production elements
- Across Time and Space — Explore the endless hours of dance and fight choreography the actors endured in preparation for their physically demanding roles
- The Score-cerer Supreme — Join composer Michael Giacchino and a full orchestra during live recording sessions, and experience the movie’s mind-bending music
- Marvel Studios Phase 3 Exclusive Look — Get an early peek at Marvel’s spectacular upcoming films, including MARVEL STUDIOS’ GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2, THOR: RAGNAROK, BLACK PANTHER and AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR
- Team Thor: Part 2 — See more of the hilarious partnership between Thor and his roommate Darryl in this satirical short
- Audio commentary with Scott Derrickson
- Deleted Scenes
- Gag Reel
I was never into comic books as a child. I had a brother that collected them, as well as a good friend. That didn’t matter, because they just didn’t interest me. When an action movie comes out that’s based on a comic book character, I am always a bit skeptical if I will like it. Marvel has pleasantly surprised me almost every single time with their comicbook superhero movies.
I’d never heard of Dr Strange before this movie. At the beginning of the movie, Dr Strange is an average man that is a very skilled surgeon. Unike most of the superhero movies, Dr Strange’s metamorphosis into a superhero doesn’t come as a result of some horrible incident or run-in with a bad guy. He suffers a horrible accident that renders him unable to perform surgery. He refuses to accept this fate and sets on a quest for a cure. When he finds what he is looking for, we learn that the answer isn’t some treatment, it’s power that has been within him the whole time. As he learns more about controlling this power to heal himself he also finds himself fighting to save the world.
I enjoyed Dr Strange very much and was actually quite impressed with the way the storyline advanced as well as the action. I’d recommend it to anyone that enjoys superhero and action movies.
Here’s a trailer from when the movie was in the theater.
Click to download Doctor Strange 3 Tests!