Some posts on this site contain an affiliate link. Clicking on an affiliate link does not increase the cost of the product if you buy it. It does mean that I MAY make a commission if you purchase the item. Affiliate links are used in an attempt to offset the operational costs incurred by running this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff is a simple one-pot comfort food recipe. Cooking it in the Instant Pot really enhances the flavor of the pasta.
Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
If you’ve been around for a bit then you might recall we like beef stroganoff. I usually make it with ground beef, and I have a couple of different ways that I make it. I recently decided I wanted to adapt one of the recipes so that it would work in the Instant Pot pressure cooker. After tasting it I actually preferred the way the dish came out in the Instant Pot, because of the way the flavor was really in the pasta. The dish was a hit, we will be having it again. Here’s how I made it.
Some of the posts on this site, such as this one, contain an affiliate link. This means I MAY get paid a VERY SMALL commission if you purchase the product or service.
- Instant Pot pressure cooker (I used 6 qt model)
- Instant Pot glass lid – I love this lid because it keeps the food warm while I’m serving or while we’re eating
- Instant Pot silicone lid – This lid is for food storage purposes. It will enable you to store your Instant Pot in the fridge, keeping your meal or leftovers covered and fresh.
- Instant Pot silicone mitts
- silicone spoon
- measuring cup – I like the Pyrex glass measuring cups. They are super easy to read, wash well, and are very sturdy when placed on the counter.
- measuring spoon – I love adjustable measuring spoons. You can’t beat replacing a bunch of little spoons that get lost easily with two or three larger spoons.
- 1.25 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb pasta (I used cavatappi)
- 32 oz beef broth
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 2 oz sour cream
Select the saute setting on the Instant Pot and brown the ground beef.
Add the pasta, broth, soup mix and garlic to the pot and stir well.
Set to manual 8 minutes.
When the pot has finished cooking, do a quick pressure release.
Add the sour cream and cream cheese and stir until blended.