Some posts on this site contain an affiliate link. Clicking on an affiliate link does not increase the cost of the product if you buy it. It does mean that I MAY make a commission if you purchase the item. Affiliate links are used in an attempt to offset the operational costs incurred by running this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot Not Quite Lasagna Cheesy Beef Pasta
I was in the mood for the cheesy, melty goodness that is lasagna the other day. But, I had forgotten to pick up lasagna noodles and ricotta cheese. I decided to try my hand at a lasagna-ish dish. I wanted the dish to have the cheesy flavor of lasagna. Not having ricotta cheese on hand, I decided to substitute cottage cheese. And since I didn’t have lasagna noodles and wasn’t baking anyway, I used a box of rotelle that I had on hand. The finished dish had a very lasagna-like feel and taste to a degree. We all enjoyed the filling, warming hearty flavor, and I really appreciated not having to do the prep work involved in a traditional lasagna. It is a dish that we will be having again. Here’s how I made it.
Some of the posts on this site, such as this one, contain an affiliate link. This means I MAY get paid a VERY SMALL commission if you purchase the product or service.
- Instant Pot pressure cooker (I used the 6 qt model)
- Instant Pot glass lid – I love this lid because it keeps the food warm while I’m serving or while we’re eating
- Instant Pot silicone lid – This lid is for food storage purposes. It will enable you to store your Instant Pot in the fridge, keeping your meal or leftovers covered and fresh.
- Instant Pot silicone mitts
- silicone spoon
- measuring cup – I like the Pyrex glass measuring cups. They are super easy to read, wash well, and are very sturdy when placed on the counter.
Here’s convenient buttons that will let you easily purchase any of the items I’ve listed.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb pasta (I used rotelle)
- 23 oz jar pasta sauce (I used Ragu Homestyle Thick & Hearty Garlic)
- 16 oz water
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 16 oz cottage cheese (I used Axelrod Chunky style)
- 12 oz sour cream
Set Instant Pot to saute and brown the ground beef.
Cook on the manual setting for 8 minutes.
Do a quick pressure release.
Add the mozzarella cheese and stir well.