Some posts on this site contain an affiliate link. Clicking on an affiliate link does not increase the cost of the product if you buy it. It does mean that I MAY make a commission if you purchase the item. Affiliate links are used in an attempt to offset the operational costs incurred by running this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
The product(s) featured in this post was provided at no cost to me for the sole purpose of product testing and review. This post has not been monetarily compensated. Please note that, as always, any personal opinions reflected in this post are my own and have not been influenced by the sponsor in any way.
Some of the posts on this site, like this one, contain an affiliate link. This means I MAY get paid a SMALL (and I do mean small) commission IF you purchase the product or service.
- Blu-ray/DVD Release Date: January 31, 2017
- Rated: G General Audience
- Run Time: 88 minutes
- Number of discs: 1
- Studio: Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment
- ASIN: B01M105H8W
- Purchase on Amazon
Now a part of the celebrated Walt Disney Signature Collection, the timeless story of PINOCCHIO inspires a new generation with its masterful animation, award-winning music, unforgettable characters and exclusive, all-new behind-the-scenes Bonus Extras! With his faithful friend Jiminy Cricket by his side, Pinocchio embarks on fantastic adventures that test his bravery, loyalty and honesty until he triumphs in his quest for his heart’s desire: to become a real boy.
- Actors: Walter Catlett, Frankie Darro, Cliff Edwards, Dickie Jones, Charles Judels
- Directors: Ben Sharpsteen, Hamilton S. Luske
- Writers: Aurelius Battaglia, William Cottrell, Otto Englander, Erdman Penner, Joseph Sabo
I remember seeing Pinocchio as a young child. The characters and the story really spoke to me. Jiminy Cricket was so wise. Figaro the cat was just so cute. Pinocchio wanted to be a boy like any other. Gepetto’s love for Pinocchio touched my heart because of its depth. It’s a movie I both thoroughly enjoyed as well as cried during. This newly released blu-ray edition brings an old favorite home for folks like me that remember the movie from their childhood. And, it introduces the movie to newer children from more recent generations, extending the life of a classic. This movie is a must have for anyone that enjoys animation, Disney movies, or remembers the movie from yesteryear.
- Walt’s Story Meetings: Pleasure Island – The Pleasure Island scene in “Pinocchio” had much more development than what is seen in the film. Join Pixar’s Pete Docter and Disney historian and author J.B. Kaufman as they explore artwork recently discovered in Disney’s animation research library revealing some of the attractions, gags and games, which Disney animators created for this iconic location of the film, that never made it on screen.
- In Walt’s Words – “Pinocchio” – Hear Walt himself discuss the making of “Pinocchio” through archival recordings and interviews.
- The Pinocchio Project: “When You Wish Upon a Star” – Music influencers Alex G, Tanner Patrick and JR Aquino from Disney’s Maker Studios, a global leader in short-form videos, gather in a creative workspace to create their rendition of the film’s signature song, “When You Wish Upon a Star,” and produce a fresh new music video.
- Oswald the Lucky Rabbit in “Poor Papa” – This recently restored and scored 1927 short features Oswald the Lucky Rabbit who gets multiple visits from the stork and is forced to attempt various methods to help stop the onslaught of baby deliveries.
- Classic Bonus Features – These offerings from prior home entertainment releases include hours of bonus material, such as the making of “Pinocchio,” deleted scenes, sing-alongs, storyboards and theatrical trailers.
Here’s the official trailer.
And here are some activities.
Pinocchio Handcrafted Wood Puppet
Pinocchio Night Light Display