Some posts on this site contain an affiliate link. Clicking on an affiliate link does not increase the cost of the product if you buy it. It does mean that I MAY make a commission if you purchase the item. Affiliate links are used in an attempt to offset the operational costs incurred by running this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Gluten-free Instant Pot Hamburger Stew Stew is an affordable, comforting, filling meal. Being a one-pot dish makes it simple and convenient to make, which is what makes it a winner for a busy weeknight meal, especially on a chilly night.
Stew is such a comforting, filling meal, one that’s perfect for chilly nights. I make a few different kinds of stew. I make this particular stew with ground beef. It’s very affordable. The fact that’s it’s all prepared in one pot, the Instant Pot pressure cooker, makes it simple and convenient, even for folks with the busiest lifestyle. I like to add a little bit of rice to it because it gives it a little bit of added texture and taste. The dish is a big hit, when there is leftovers they heat up easily the next day. Here’s how I make it.
Gluten-free Instant Pot Hamburger Stew
Some of the posts on this site, such as this one, contain an affiliate link. This means I MAY get paid a VERY SMALL commission if you purchase the product or service.
- Instant Pot pressure cooker (I used 6 qt model)
- Instant Pot glass lid for keeping warm while serving
- Instant Pot silicone mitts
- silicone spoon – I prefer silicone cooking utensils, I find them a lot easier to work with. Plus they don’t seem quite as hot to my tongue if I happen to taste a little sample of what I’m cooking LOL.
- measuring cup – I like the Pyrex glass measuring cups. They are super easy to read, wash well, and are very sturdy when placed on the counter.
- cutting board – These dishwasher-safe flexible cutting mats are really great because they are light and flexible, which makes them easy to store. You can bend them when transferring food, which creates a tunnel so you don’t drop any of the pieces. Best of all they have Micro ban protection, the most trusted anti-microbial product protection in the world, that features built-in defense properties that inhibit the growth of stain- and odor-causing bacteria, mold and mildew.
- potato peeler – I only use the stainless steel ones with a swiveling blade. It’s the same exact type that my Grandma used. I have tried others and the stainless swiveling models always perform the best for me.
And here’s buttons to easily purchase or learn more about any of the items I’ve used.
Pyrex 3-Piece Glass Measuring Cup SetLinden Sweden Jonas Stainless Steel PeelerSilicone serving spoon with Stainless Steel HandleCounterArt Flexible Cutting Mat, Set of 4Instant Pot Silicone Mitts (Set of 2), Mini, RedInstant Pot Tempered Glass Lid, Stainless Steel RimInstant Pot 7-in-1 6qt Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 cups potatoes, diced on the small side (I used 4 medium sized potatoes)
- 1 cup Minute Rice
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic and oregano
- 16 oz bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 cups beef stock
Set Instant Pot to saute and brown the ground beef.
While the beef is cooking, peel and dice the potatoes.
Add the potatoes, vegetables, diced tomatoes and beef stock to the beef and mix well.
Set to manual 11 minutes.
Do a quick pressure release.
Add 1 cup of Minute Rice and stir well.
Cover and sit for at least 5 minutes before serving.