Some posts on this site contain an affiliate link. Clicking on an affiliate link does not increase the cost of the product if you buy it. It does mean that I MAY make a commission if you purchase the item. Affiliate links are used in an attempt to offset the operational costs incurred by running this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Labor Day is almost here. The folks at Ball Park Franks have shared some of their best grilling tips with me, so that I may share them with you. Enjoy!
- Spray it before you lay it – Spray the grill rack with vegetable oil or use cooking spray before heating to prevent food from sticking and to ease clean-up.
- Don’t lose the juice – Use tongs, rather than a fork to gently turn franks, and handle as little as possible. DEFINITELY DO NOT CUT THE HOT DOG. Also, avoid pushing down or overturning the meat or you will squeeze out the natural juices and flavor.
- Think safety – Keep your grill away from shrubbery, paper products and other flammable objects, and be sure to keep a fire extinguisher handy.
- Get the “smoky” flavor – If you prefer your grilled meats to have a smoky taste, keep the grill covered while cooking.
- Skip the mess: When cooking grilled vegetables, like onions and green peppers, to top your Ball Park Frank, wrap them in foil to virtually eliminate the unappealing grill clean-up. Foil can easily be tossed out, taking any mess with it.
- Get ready to dress the dog: Have lots of fun toppings ready for your guests to use to top the hot dog – everything from the traditional mustard and ketchup to grilled veggies, chili & cheese or even sour cream.
- Don’t overcook!!