Some posts on this site contain an affiliate link. Clicking on an affiliate link does not increase the cost of the product if you buy it. It does mean that I MAY make a commission if you purchase the item. Affiliate links are used in an attempt to offset the operational costs incurred by running this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Labor Day is almost upon us. Around here for some it’s the last big barbeque of the season. Now we can’t buy just any hot dog in our house because a number of brands (the really cheap ones with tons of fillers) make my youngest son CJ sick. So we limit our hot dogs to a couple of better brands, one of which is Ball Park.
Between last summer and now I’ve noticed a new addition to the Ball Park line – Angus franks. We received a pack of Ball Park Bun Size Angus Beef Franks and a pack of Ball Park Lower fat – Full Taste Angus Beef Franks to try. They had a much more robust flavor than other hot dogs we’ve tried. We thought it was a smokier taste.
The folks at Ball Park shared a recipe with me for Stuffed Ball Park Franks that you might like to try.
- Ball Park Lower Fat – Full Taste Angus Beef Franks 1 Package (8 franks)
- Spicy brown mustard 2 Teaspoons
- Grated cheddar cheese 4 Ounces
- Worcestershire sauce ½ Teaspoon
- Mustard powder ¼ Teaspoon
- Bacon Slices 8
- Sara Lee whole wheat Soft and Smooth hot dog buns; grilled 1 package
- Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
· Pre-heat your grill to medium high. When hot, clean the grill grate using a wire brush.
· Oil the grill grate lightly.
· Mix the mustard, cheddar cheese, Worcestershire sauce and mustard powder in a small bowl.
· Slit the hot dogs lengthwise, forming a deep pocket end to end in each one.
· Fill the pockets halfway with the cheese mixture.
· Wrap a slice of bacon around each hot dog to hold it together, and secure the ends of the bacon with wooden toothpicks.
· Grill the hot dogs until the bacon is cooked through and the hot dogs are browned on all sides, about 2 minutes per side.
· To toast the buns, put them cut-sides down directly over the fire for the last minute of cooking. Serve the hot dogs on the buns.
Makes 4 servings
* Serving suggestion: These dogs are fantastic when you serve them with some home-made coleslaw (recipe follows) and good old-fashioned sun tea. For dessert, pop a couple of Sara Lee Cheesecake bites into your mouth!
One winner will receive a month’s worth of free hot dogs, which equates to about 4 or 5 coupons.
HOW TO ENTER. (MANDATORY)
To enter check out the different types of Ball Park Franks and then leave a comment on this post telling me which type of Ball Park hot dog is your favorite.
BONUS ENTRIES – LOTS OF THEM!
1 – Subscribe to my newsletter. (at top of sidebar)
1 – Subscribe to my RSS feed. (at top of page)
1 – Follow me on Twitter AND leave your Twitter name here. (at top of page)
1 – Tweet this giveaway.
1 – Friend me on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/valmg
1 – Fave this blog at Technorati AND leave your Technorati name here.
1 – Blog about this giveaway, including a link here.
1 – Place my button on your blog. (in sidebar)
1 – Visit HereAndThere.US (my Mom) and leave a comment on any post (except a giveaway post) there. Then return here and leave a comment on this post telling me one thing you read or learned on my Mom’s blog. (That’s two comments you need to leave for this bonus entry, one there and one here.) Unlimited entries for this method of entry.
Leave an additional comment for each entry you qualify for. You must have completed the first entry according to the instructions to be eligible for any bonus entries.
THE SMALL PRINT.
US addresses only please. This contest will end on Tuesday 09/08/09 at 11:59 pm est. If you’ve entered any of my giveaways before then you know that only comments containing all of the requested information will be eligible for entry. The winner must contact me to confirm they wish to receive the prize within two days of my email notifying them they’ve won. Good luck to everyone!
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED.