Some posts on this site contain an affiliate link. Clicking on an affiliate link does not increase the cost of the product if you buy it. It does mean that I MAY make a commission if you purchase the item. Affiliate links are used in an attempt to offset the operational costs incurred by running this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Coconut Lime Shrimp with Plantains and Mango Salsa
Courtesy of 150 Best Recipes for Cooking in Foil by Marilyn Haugen © 2016
This recipe makes 4 servings. Making it requires 4 sheets of heavy-duty foil, sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2 small plum (Roma) tomatoes, diced
- 1 large ripe but firm mango, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 small jicama, peeled and finely chopped (about ½ cup/125 milliliters)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Coconut Lime Shrimp
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- grated zest of 1 lime
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen fried sweet plantains, thawed
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Salsa. In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, mango, jalapeno, jicama, lime juice, and oil. Season to taste with salt. Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes.
Shrimp. In a large bowl, toss shrimp with coconut milk and lime zest.
Divide plantains among prepared foil sheets. Top with shrimp, dividing evenly. Fold foil into flat packets and seal edges tightly. Place packets on a baking sheet.
Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until shrimp are pink, firm and opaque.
Serve shrimp and plantains sprinkled with cilantro, with mango salsa on the side.
If you’re looking for more recipes for cooking in foil like this be sure to check out 150 Best Recipes For Cooking In Foil (details below and available on Amazon). You can find my review here.
Some of the posts on this site, such as this one, contain an affiliate link. This means I MAY get paid a VERY SMALL commission if you purchase the product or service.
- Author: Marilyn Haugen
- Paperback: 208 pages
- Publisher: Robert Rose (March 21, 2016)
- ISBN-10: 0778805328
- ISBN-13: 978-0778805328
- Cover price $19.95
- Purchase on Amazon