Some posts on this site contain an affiliate link. Clicking on an affiliate link does not increase the cost of the product if you buy it. It does mean that I MAY make a commission if you purchase the item. Affiliate links are used in an attempt to offset the operational costs incurred by running this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This guest post is courtesy of CanolaInfo.
A gluten free dessert which will appeal to all taste buds. You will feel the sun on your fun as you devour the warm, sweet flavors of the tropics. This recipe is part of our Recession Proof Recipe Collection and costs $0.61 US per serving. Cost analysis is based on food prices from www.peapod.com
- 4 bananas, peeled, cut in half and sliced lengthwise 4
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 1/4 cup brown sugar 60 mL
- 1-2 Tbsp orange juice or favorite liquor 15-30 mL
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp ground cardamom 1-2 mL
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut 60 mL
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts, toasted, coarsely chopped 60 mL
1. Prepare bananas. Heat canola oil in saucepan over medium-high heat. Add brown sugar, orange juice and cardamom. Heat ingredients, stirring gently.
2. Add bananas and continue to stir gently, spooning brown sugar mixture over bananas as they cook. Do not over cook bananas as they will turn mushy.
3. Transfer bananas to individual serving dishes and spoon sauce over top of each serving. Sprinkle with toasted coconut and macadamia nuts. Serve immediately.
Yield: 6-8 servings.