Some posts on this site contain an affiliate link. Clicking on an affiliate link does not increase the cost of the product if you buy it. It does mean that I MAY make a commission if you purchase the item. Affiliate links are used in an attempt to offset the operational costs incurred by running this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
ABOUT THERMACARE HEATWRAPS
ThermaCare® provides heat where some other patches and creams don’t.
- Protected inside ThermaCare® HeatWraps are air-activated heat discs made of heat-generating materials (iron, charcoal, table salt and water).
- When the airtight, protective pouch is opened, the discs react with oxygen in the air and warm up. It takes up to 30 minutes for the wrap to reach its therapeutic temperature of 104oF (~40oC).
- Each ThermaCare® HeatWrap stays warm for 8 hours to provide effective pain relief to soothe and relax muscles.
- Each ThermaCare® Arthritis HeatWrap stays warm for 12 hours to provide reduced joint stiffness for all-day arthritis pain relief.
- When used as directed, ThermaCare® offers a pain relief therapy that is site specific without the worries of drug-drug interactions, allergies or stomach upset associated with some internal analgesics.
We’ve gotten a LOT of snow here in New Jersey in the last two weeks. The blizzard right after Christmas gave us more than 30 inches. Another storm yesterday gave us almost another 6 inches. All that shoveling can leave a body sore. I already get backaches from time to time and the shoveling and traveling through the snow only makes it worse. I tried ThermaCare HeatWrap yesterday and was surprised with what I found. After getting the truck dug out yesterday morning I put on a ThermaCare Lower Back & Hip HeatWrap. It took less than ten minutes to start noticeably heating up. Within fifteen minutes it was very toasty, about the setting of a heating pad on medium. Now I have experience with heating pads, I keep one at work. The problem with heating pads is you have to be near an outlet. And you can’t bring them with you. Pain can go with you when you go somewhere, heating pads cannot. The HeatWrap was easy to use. I took it out of the package and the air activated it. It stays on through use of stretchy velcro belt that you put over your lower back and hips. I was surprised that the belt didn’t shift during the time I wore it. The heat was just the right temp for me, warming the area to approximately 104 degrees which really made my back feel good. I wore the HeatWrap for eight hours and the heat was still going strong when I took it off. I was very pleased with my experience wearing it.
As I’m sure you know, snow shoveling isn’t the only thing that can cause aches and pains. Travel can to. In fact, according to a recent survey, 86% of Americans have aches and pains that are triggered by travel activities, with 11% of Americans reporting that they outright avoid travel due to aches and pains.
To help travelers ease aches and pains, the makers of ThermaCare® are inviting people to join its Travel Heat Wave by offering the following tips.
- Pack light – Lifting and carrying heavy suitcases can cause strain on your back. Always remember to lift from your knees instead of bending over for added support.
- Use rolling luggage – Take the weight off your back and arms during those mad dashes through the airport!
- Adjust your seat so it is as comfortable as possible – When spending long hours in a car seat make sure to adjust your seat before leaving to ensure it is as appropriate for your body type as possible.
- Use a pillow, blanket, or traveling neck rest for extra support – Long trips can trigger all kinds of aches and pains; packing items such as a pillow for additional lower back support or a neck rest can help eliminate or lessen common aches and pains.
- Take breaks and stretch– Everyone wants to get to their destination quickly, but taking short breaks at rest stops and making time to stand up and stretch, even on airplanes, will keep you feeling limber and fresh once you arrive!
- Pack ThermaCare® HeatWraps – Toss some ThermaCare® HeatWraps into your carry-on for when aches and pains get the best of you. These thin discreet wraps provide pain relief without the need to take pills. They can easily be worn under clothing and are flexible enough to move with you no matter where your travels may take you.
ONE winner will receive a 2-piece matching fleece blanket & pillow set with two ThermaCare® HeatWraps. Giveaway provided by Pfizer Consumer Healthcare.
HOW TO ENTER. (MANDATORY)
To enter leave a comment here telling me how you currently treat back or muscle pain.
BONUS ENTRIES – LOTS OF THEM!
1 – Subscribe to my newsletter. (sidebar)
1 – Subscribe to my RSS feed. (sidebar)
1 – Follow me on Twitter AND leave your Twitter name here. (sidebar)
1 – Friend me on Facebook. (sidebar)
1 – Blog about this giveaway, including a link here.
1 – Place my button on your blog. (in sidebar)
1 – Visit one of my other blogs – From Val’s Kitchen, Val’s Views and Game Review Network – and leave a comment on any post there. Then return here and leave a comment on this post telling me one thing you read or learned there. (That’s two comments you need to leave for this bonus entry, one there and one here.) Unlimited entries for this method of entry.
1 – Visit HereAndThere.US (my Mom) and leave a comment on any post (except a giveaway post) there. Then return here and leave a comment on this post telling me one thing you read or learned on my Mom’s blog. (That’s two comments you need to leave for this bonus entry, one there and one here.) Unlimited entries for this method of entry. Leave an additional comment for each entry you qualify for. You must have completed the first entry according to the instructions to be eligible for any bonus entries.
THE SMALL PRINT.
US addresses only please, no PO Boxes. This contest will end on Thursday 01/27/11 at 11:59 pm est. If you’ve entered any of my giveaways before then you know that only comments containing all of the requested information will be eligible for entry. The winner must contact me to confirm they wish to receive the prize within two days of my email notifying them they’ve won. Good luck to everyone!
The product featured was provided free of cost to me for the sole purpose of product testing and review. This post has not been monetarily compensated and is based on the views and opinions of my family and/or self. Please note that the opinions reflected in this post have not been influenced by the sponsor in any way.
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED.