The product(s) featured in this post was provided free of cost to me. Please note that, as always, any personal opinions reflected in this post are my own and have not been influenced by the sponsor in any way.
I have always loved getting my nails done. As a little girl I remember my girlfriends and I having a nail club. What did we do? Well, we all had our little nail kits. These kits were filled with everything we needed to give each other manicures. We all picked a day, threw a blanket outside and sat there doing each others nails. The boys…all our brother I might add, always picked on us while they played whatever sport it was. We didn’t care, we sat there for hours making our nails pretty! Once I got older I went to the salon and got them done. Last fall we moved and I no longer could to my nail salon. I just loved them! Since moving I have yet to find a nail salon that I like. Not going to lie, I miss having cute nails.
For all you out there that love doing your nails, OMG Nail Strips is a product for you! They are super affordable and have over 100 different designs to choose from. I’m sure you have seen other nail strips in your local store but OMG Nail Strips are not the same. They differ from the other strips because of their ability to stretch and they
have a unique resistance to chipping, tearing and wrinkling. They are extremely versatile and can be used on all nail length and shapes. They are east to apply and can last up to 10 days.
I received 5 different designs from OMG Nail Strips:
- Flowers and Lace
- French Arches
- Skinny Cat
- Pink Pollock
- Black Lace
The nail strips come 14 in a pack. You can do a whole manicure or use a couple as accent nails. Here are the easy to follow instructions that can be found on the back of the pack.
- Soak your hands in warm water for 5 minutes. Dry hands, then gently push back cuticles. Carefully remove any excess skin around the nail bed.
- Moisturize your hands with lotion, and wait 1 minute.
- Using a Q-tip, remove any leftover lotion from the nail bed, paying special attention to the sidewalls, cuticle area and tip of the fingernail.
- Select the appropriate sized nail strip for each nail to ensure the nail will be covered from sidewall to sidewall. Using a nail strip that is too large for a particular nail is not recommended; rather, trim the strip the scissors to the appropriate width.
- Peel off the clear coating, and then carefully remove the nail polish strip from the sticker backing,
- Start by placing whichever end on the nail strip that works better for your nails at the cuticle and apply it by smoother the strip towards the tip and your nail, smoothing out and bumps and ensuring the strip is tucked neatly into the sidewalls.
- File away any excess nail strip by holding your nail file parallel to the surface you are working on, as filing the nail perpendicularly will cause tearing along the tip.
- After you have applied all ten polish strips, take a cotton ball the has been dipped in polish removed with the excess remover wrung out, and swipe each nail 1-3 times, paying special attention to the sidewalls, tips and cuticle area. This step is especially important, as it melts the strip to your nails, allowing for longer lasting wear.
- Apply a finishing topcoat, and wait 5 minutes for it to dry completely.
For my first manicure I decided to do the flowers and lace design. I was a little worried because my nails are so short. Each package contains the strips in different widths. So you can cut them to fit to your nail. Even with them being short application was really easy and took no time at all because I didn’t have to wait for them to dry. I have gone about my everyday tasks. My nail strips have been on for about 5 days and have started showing some chipping on certain nails. For the most part they are all in pretty good shape. Being a busy mom the OMG Nail Strips are great. My nails look like I put a lot of time and effort into them…but I didn’t! The possibilities with them are endless. There are so many different looks you can come up with. Classic looks, fun designs and bright colors…have fun with them!
What’s your favorite way to have your nails look? Plain polish? Decorations? Both?