This post is sponsored by Natural Balance and the BlogPaws Professional Pet Blogger Network. I am being compensated for helping create awareness about Natural Balance Wild Pursuit™ or Natural Balance Treats, but Mom Knows It All only shares information we feel is relevant to our readers. Natural Balance is not responsible for the content of this article.
We give our puppy Dobby dog treats. Traditionally we’ve always left the bag on the kitchen counter. While that works, quite frankly it looks sort of ugly and unnatural. I came up with an easy and inexpensive solution to the problem. I recycled an old candle jar and turned it into a DIY Dog Treat Jar. Not only is this great for making your own dog treat jar, it’s easily customized, making a great holiday gift idea.
To do this project you will need a large candle jar, a medium length dog collar, a large paw print stencil, a smaller paw print stencil or small paw print stickers, enamel paint for your main color, and a paint marker for any words.
To make the DIY Dog Treat Jar, first clean out the old candle jar. Make sure the jar is totally empty and clean it thoroughly two to three times, so that you remove all traces of wax residue and any scent. You’ll also need to clean the outside of the jar and remove any labels. Then, let the jar dry thoroughly.
Starting with the clean and dry jar, tape your stencil into position and paint the large paw print. Paint the large paw print in your main color. Next, use the smaller paw print stencil or the small paw print stickers and paint the smaller paw prints where you want them on the jar. let that all dry. Once the paw prints are dry, use the paint marker to write whatever you want onto the large paw print. Finally, place the dog collar around the top of the candle jar. That’s it!
We give Dobby treats often, as a reward, as motivation, and just because we love him. So, we go through a fair amount of treats. I do my best to make sure that I give Dobby treats that I believe he will think taste good. I also appreciate it when I find treats Dobby likes that are nutritious. Dobby is quite a character, and I appreciate knowing that Natural Balance® offers “Food with Substance for Pets with Character”, and believes every pet is unique with a personality worth celebrating.
- New Dental Chews Fresh & Clean Formula – These treats, launched in July 2015, are scientifically formulated to encourage your dog’s natural chewing instinct, to help support healthy teeth and gums, helps reduce tarter and help freshen your dog’s breath.
- L.I.T. Limited Ingredient Treat® varieties for both cat and dog are designed with just one protein and limited carbohydrate sources for those pets who may have food sensitivities. They are scientifically formulated to provide high quality nutrition and optimize skin and coat.
- Mini – Rewards are a great way to reward and motivate your dog while helping your dog stay healthy, balanced, and trim. These treats are made with high quality proteins for the delicious taste they love and are less than 5 calories per treat.
- Perfect Bites® – At only 1 calorie per treat, these formulas offer your cat quality ingredients without excess calories.
- Belly Bites – Delicious, chewy treats that are baked with flavor and nutrition. Great for all breeds and life stages from puppies to adults, these tasty grain-free treats satisfy the belly with goodness and love!
Natural Balance Treats are backed by a Buy With Confidence guarantee. You can find the retailer near you by checking the store locator on the website.