Some posts on this site contain an affiliate link. Clicking on an affiliate link does not increase the cost of the product if you buy it. It does mean that I MAY make a commission if you purchase the item. Affiliate links are used in an attempt to offset the operational costs incurred by running this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Grilling season is well underway here at the Jersey Shore. On a nice day you can smell all sorts of things cooking around here at just about any given hour. One of the things about summer grilling is that because the days are so nice and so long foods may be more likely to sit out than at other times. This makes it all the more important to practice safe food prep and handling tips. To that end, here are some tips from Chef Cat Cora and Ultra Palmolive.
To stay germ-free this summer, it is essential that you practice safe food prep to ensure you are not serving your family and friends a side of bacteria.
- Use a glass cutting board when slicing raw meats and vegetables. The surfaces of plastic and wood cutting boards can be cut by knives during food preparation, and bacteria can hide in these porous areas.
- Check your refrigerator settings and keep fresh meat and seafood at 40°F or freeze it. Bacteria grow more quickly when items are stored at the wrong temperature.
- Use different trays to take raw meat outside and bring cooked meat inside when barbequing. Wash the tray used to transport raw meat as soon as you bring it inside with a dish liquid like Ultra Palmolive® Antibacterial to help avoid cross-contamination.
And here is a recipe from Cat that you’re sure to enjoy.
Grilled Chicken with Asparagus Feta Salsa Verde
- 3 chicken breasts, grilled
- 1 small lemon, halved
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 TBS oregano, chopped
- 1 tsp salt& ½ tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 ounces feta, crumbled
- ¼ cup ecach Italian flat-leaf parsley& fresh basil leaves, chopped fine
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 TBS red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 head fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and peeled
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
Preheat the grill.
Marinate the chicken with lemon, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper for 1 hour in the fridge.
In a mixing bowl add in the feta, parsley, basil, garlic, vinegar and olive oil. Season with salt& pepper.
Place the chicken on the grill and mark on both sides. Grill on both sides for about 2-3 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes and then slice about ½ inch.
Coat the asparagus spears with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on the hot grill. Once the asparagus has marks from the grill, place on the above rack on the grill. Grill slowly until the asparagus is cooked through but still has a bite. Let cool slightly, slice thin, and toss with the salsa. Place the chicken on the plate and spoon the asparagus salsa verde over the chicken and serve.
I have received samples of Ultra Palmolive in exchange for sharing this information. This review has not been monetarily compensated and is based on information provided to me by the company or it’s agent.