Yesterday I shared my thoughts on my New Instant Pot, as well as a recipe for Ziti With Beef And Cheese. If you read that post, you might recall that I mentioned I’ve tried a number of other recipes in the Instant Pot as well. The second recipe I made was for a Beef And Cheese Pasta. Hubby and I both thought that it had a sort of Hamburger Helper-ish type of feel. Here’s how I made it.
Beef And Cheese Pasta – Homemade Hamburger Helper
Some of the posts on this site, such as this one, contain an affiliate link. This means I MAY get paid a VERY SMALL commission if you purchase the product or service.
- Instant Pot pressure cooker (I used the 6 qt model)
- Instant Pot glass lid – I love this lid because it keeps the food warm while I’m serving or while we’re eating
- Instant Pot silicone lid – This lid is for food storage purposes. It will enable you to store your Instant Pot in the fridge, keeping your meal or leftovers covered and fresh.
- Instant Pot silicone mitts
- silicone spoon
- measuring cup – I like the Pyrex glass measuring cups. They are super easy to read, wash well, and are very sturdy when placed on the counter.
Here’s convenient buttons that will let you easily purchase any of the items I’ve listed.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1.25 lbs ground beef
- 8 oz sharp cheddar
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 3 beef boullion cubes
- 3.5 cups hot water
With the Instant Pot on saute, brown the ground beef.
While that is cooking combine the boullion cubes, onion soup mix and hot water in a bowl and stir well.
When the beef is cooked, add the liquid mixture.
Add the pasta and stir well.
Set Instant Pot to steam for 5 minutes.
Let the steam release (I did a quick release) and open.
Add the shredded cheese and cook on saute for 1-2 minutes, until cheese is melted.