Some posts on this site contain an affiliate link. Clicking on an affiliate link does not increase the cost of the product if you buy it. It does mean that I MAY make a commission if you purchase the item. Affiliate links are used in an attempt to offset the operational costs incurred by running this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Stuffed Pork Loin Roast with Cranapple Sauce Recipe From 150 Best Toaster Oven Recipes
Courtesy of 150 Best Toaster Oven Recipes by Linda Stephen © 2018 www.robertrose.ca Reprinted with permission. Available where books are sold.
Image credit: Mark T. Shapiro
Stuffed Pork Loin Roast with Cranapple Sauce
The beauty of this roast is that it is tender and oven-ready. Many butcher shops have their own house stuffing, and they will cut a roast that is the size you need.
The cranapple sauce goes well with chicken, turkey and ham dishes, or use it in sandwiches. The raspberry juice concentrate gives the sauce a bright red color. Freeze leftover concentrate to use in salad dressings (add 1 tbsp/15 mL to a vinaigrette), desserts or in a punch.
Makes 5 to 6 servings
- 2 tbsp orange juice concentrate 25 mL
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard 15 mL
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 tsp dried sage leaves 2 mL
- 1 oven-ready stuffed pork loin roast (about 3 lbs/1.5 kg)
- 1 lb fresh or frozen cranberries 500 g
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar 125 mL
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry juice concentrate, or orange juice 125 mL
1. In a small bowl, combine orange juice concentrate, mustard, garlic and sage. Rub over roast.
2. Place roast in an 8-inch (2 L) square baking pan, fat side up. Add 1⁄4 cup (50 mL) water to pan.
3. Bake in preheated 350°F (180°C) toaster oven for 13⁄4 hours, or until a meat thermometer inserted in meat (not in stuffing) registers 160°F (70°C). Add extra water if pan becomes dry.
4. Meanwhile, to prepare sauce, combine cranberries, apples, sugar and raspberry juice concentrate in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 12 to 15 minutes, or until apples are cooked and mixture is sauce-like. Stir frequently during cooking. Cool.
5. Remove roast from oven, cover loosely with foil and let stand for 10 minutes before carving. Serve roast with sauce.
- Author: Linda Stephen
- Paperback: 208 pages
- Publisher: Robert Rose; New edition (August 10, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0778806162
- ISBN-13: 978-0778806165
- Purchase on Amazon
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out my 150 Best Toaster Oven Recipes cookbook review which contains a Vegetable Bean Chili recipe, as well as a Roasted Fish Fillets With Crumb Topping recipe, both of which I have shared with permission of the publisher.