Some posts on this site contain an affiliate link. Clicking on an affiliate link does not increase the cost of the product if you buy it. It does mean that I MAY make a commission if you purchase the item. Affiliate links are used in an attempt to offset the operational costs incurred by running this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This guest post and photo is courtesy of AllRecipes.com.
Prep Time: 20 Min
Ready In: 2 Hrs 20 Min
Original Recipe Yield 1 dozen
- 4 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1/3 cup chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 24 silver dragees decorating candy
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 12 (2 inch) pieces long red vine licorice
1. Melt the chocolate, and combine with sour cream. Stir in 1 cup chocolate cookie crumbs. Cover and refrigerate until firm.
2. Roll by level tablespoonfuls into balls. Mold to a slight point at one end (the nose).
3. Roll dough in confectioners sugar (for white mice), and in chocolate cookie crumbs (for dark mice). On each mouse, place dragees in appropriate spot for eyes, almond slices for ears, and a licorice string for the tail.
4. Refrigerate for at least two hours, until firm.