This recipe for Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze combines sweet and savory making it a perfect side for a wide variety of main dishes. Far from bland or boring, these brussel sprouts have a rich oven-roasted flavor with a hint of sweetness.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze
This satisfying side dish goes beyond basic, boring Brussels sprouts with its rich oven-roasted flavor enhanced with just a hint of sweetness. The combination of sweet and savory elements in this dish makes it a perfect complement for a wide variety of main dishes, including Maple Balsamic Pork Chops.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
Some of the posts on this site, such as this one, contain an affiliate link. This means I MAY get paid a VERY SMALL commission if you purchase the product or service.
- 1 lb. small Brussels sprouts, rinsed and cut in half
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp real maple syrup
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Place the oven rack in the center position and preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large cast iron or other oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add the brussel sprouts to the skillet and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for several minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sprouts begin to turn brown.
3. Once the brussel sprouts have browned, transfer the skillet into the preheated oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, stirring halfway through. Remove the sprouts from the oven once they are tender and start to turn a rich brown color.
4. While the sprouts are roasting, add the balsamic vinegar and maple syrup to a small skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly, then reduce heat to medium. Continue stirring until the vinegar mixture reduces to about 1/3 of its original volume and becomes thick and syrupy. Do not overcook or it will become too hard and sticky.
5. To serve, transfer the brussels sprouts to a plate and drizzle lightly with balsamic glaze. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and enjoy immediately with Maple Balsamic Boneless Pork Chops or other entrée of your choice.