Some posts on this site contain an affiliate link. Clicking on an affiliate link does not increase the cost of the product if you buy it. It does mean that I MAY make a commission if you purchase the item. Affiliate links are used in an attempt to offset the operational costs incurred by running this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
No compensation or product has been received for this post.
Does lunchtime seem a bit blah or bland to you at times? Pink it up! Skip the bologna and cheese or the oodles of noodles and have a bit of seafood! Chicken of the Sea’s mission for 2015 is to encourage Americans to eat more seafood, specifically salmon because of its high nutritional content. Salmon contains a large amount of omega-3 fatty acid content, which dramatically improves the body’s inflammatory process, heart-health and creates better overall brain function.
A tasty meal with seafood can be both affordable and easy to make. Grab one of the 2.5 oz Chicken Of the Sea flavored salmon pouches and you’ll be on your way to a healthy and flavorful meal. Chicken Of The Sea flavored salmon pouches come in three varieties – Lemon Pepper, Barbecue, and Sweet & Spicy.
Here are two recipes to help you pink up your lunch, courtesy Chicken of the Sea.
Crunchy Coleslaw Salad with Sweet and Spicy Salmon
- 2 cups coleslaw salad mix
- ¼ cucumber, peeled seeded and chopped into ½ inch pieces
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon light ginger dressing ( or your favorite salad dressing)
- 1 (2.5 oz.) pouch Chicken of the Sea® Sweet and Spicy Pink Salmon
1. In a small bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, cucumber, radishes, celery, chives and dressing.
2. Toss lightly to coat.
3. Add the salmon and serve.
Citrus Couscous Salad with Lemon Pepper Salmon
- ¾ cup low-sodium chicken stock
- zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice (from 1 to 2 large lemons)
- 2/3 cup original plain couscous
- 2 (2.5 oz.) pouches Chicken of the Sea® Lemon Pepper Pink Salmon
- ½ small cucumber, peeled and chopped into ½-inch pieces
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
1. In a medium saucepan, bring the stock, lemon zest and lemon juice to a boil.
2. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the couscous
3. Cover the pan and allow the couscous to absorb all of the liquid about 8 minutes.
4. Using a fork, fluff the couscous to break up any lumps and place in a large bowl.
5. Add the salmon, cucumber, almonds, dill and parsley.
6. Stir and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Which of the Chicken Of The Sea salmon pouches would you reach for first when you go to “pink up your lunch”?
ONE winner will receive a “Pink Up Your Lunch” Kit that includes:
- Samples of our Flavored Salmon Pouches (Barbeque, Lemon Pepper and Sweet & Spicy)
- Chicken of the Sea Pink Collapsible Bento Box
- “Pink Up Your Lunch” Lunch Pail
- “Pink Up Your Lunch” T-shirt
HOW TO ENTER.
Enter using the Giveaway Tools widget below. The winner will be selected by the Giveaway Tools widget. If you’ve entered any of my giveaways before then you know that you must complete the mandatory required entry, and that only comments containing all of the requested information will be eligible for entry. No PO Boxes. Good luck to everyone!