Some posts on this site contain an affiliate link. Clicking on an affiliate link does not increase the cost of the product if you buy it. It does mean that I MAY make a commission if you purchase the item. Affiliate links are used in an attempt to offset the operational costs incurred by running this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Molten Chocolate Cakes
The product(s) featured in this post was provided free of cost to me. Please note that, as always, any personal opinions reflected in this post are my own and have not been influenced by the sponsor in any way.
175 Best Air Fryer Recipes
- Author: Camilla Saulsbury
- Paperback: 288 pages
- Publisher: Robert Rose; 1st edition (September 1, 2016)
- ISBN-10: 0778805514
- ISBN-13: 978-0778805519
- Cover price $24.95
- Purchase on Amazon
Air-frying food is an innovative method of cooking that is incredibly healthy because although it produces crispy and tasty results, it uses very little oil. Enjoy the taste and textures of fried foods without the calories! And although they are called air fryers, they also roast and bake, making them an ingenious and indispensable kitchen appliance.
Camilla brings her extensive recipe development skills to this cookbook and has created recipes exclusively designed and guaranteed to perform in an air fryer. There are recipes for every meal of the day and she hasn’t forgotten to devote an entire chapter to all time fried favorites.
Sample recipes from The Top 20 Fried Favorites section:
Classic French Fries, Jalapeno Poppers, Beer Battered Fried Fish, Buttermilk Fried Chicken, Coconut Fried Shrimp, Potstickers, Old-Fashioned Cake Donuts
Breakfast and Brunch
French Toast Roll-Ups, Irish Oat Scones, Cheese and Cherry Danish, Banana Bread, Crispy Hash Browns, Perfect Granola, French Bacon and Egg Puffs
Appetizers and Snacks
Macaroni and Cheese Bites, Fried Onion Dip, Light-As-Air-Fried Parmesan Puffs, Bacon-Wrapped Dates, Fried Dill Pickle Bites, No-Kettle Potato Chips
Walnut and Rosemary Fried Chicken Breasts, Beef Empanadas, Fried Oysters, Teriyaki-Glazed Salmon, Beer Batter Shrimp, Italian Sausage and Peppers
Vegetables and Sides
Rustic Home Fries, Rosemary Parsnip Fries, Crispy Tuscan Artichokes, Fried Green Tomato Sliders, Fried Chickpea Polenta, Zucchini Feta Fritters
Apple Fritters, Flourless Chocolate Fudge Cake, Bananas Foster, Peach Crumble, Fried Oreos, Salted Caramel Corn, Cherry Hand Pies.
Camilla also offers up expert advice on an air fryer pantry list, what to look for when buying an air fryer and best practices and guidelines for success making this the definitive cookbook for air frying.
The beginning of this cookbook offers an introduction to air frying and helps explain how it works. It also shares some things to keep in mind when choosing an air fryer, some air frying cooking tips and a good sized list of ingredients recommended to have on hand in your pantry. Then come the recipes.
Chapters in this cookbook include:
- Top 20 Fried Favorites
- Breakfast and Brunch
- Appetizers and Snacks
- Vegetables and Sides
- Sauces, Dips and More
The recipes are clearly written and understandable. Along with ingredients and instructions, recipes also include prep tips, cooking tips and variations. You will need to read through a recipe in order to find out how long it takes to make it, as cooking time is not indivually listed. There are some nice photos in the book but they are limited, most recipes don’t have one. This cookbook is suitble for anyone that has an air fryer or is interested in learning how to use one.
Here’s a recipe from the cookbook.
Courtesy of 175 Best Air Fryer Recipes by Camilla Saulsbury © 2016 www.robertrose.ca Reprinted with publisher permission. Available where books are sold.
Image credit: Colin Erricson
Molten Chocolate Cakes
It’s no wonder molten chocolate cakes have remained so popular: they have all of the rich flavor of regular chocolate cake with a warm and luscious chocolate sauce built in. No need to wait for a restaurant visit to have them, as they are a cinch to make in the air fryer.
Makes 2 servings
Recipe calls for Two 3⁄4-cup (175 mL) ramekins, liberally sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
Do not let the cakes cool in the ramekins for longer than 3 minutes or they will continue to cook from the heat of the ramekins and will no longer have a molten center.
- 1⁄3 cup bittersweet (dark) or semisweet chocolate chips (75 mL)
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, cut into small pieces (60 mL)
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar (45 mL)
- 1⁄2 tsp instant espresso powder (2 mL)
- 1⁄4 tsp salt (1 mL)
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract (2 mL)
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour (30 mL)
- 1 tbsp confectioners’ (icing) sugar (15 mL)
- Vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream
- Raspberries or sliced strawberries
• Preheat air fryer to 390°F (200°C)
1. In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and butter. Microwave on High for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave for 30 seconds longer. Vigorously stir for 30 seconds or until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in granulated sugar, espresso powder, salt and vanilla. Let cool for 2 minutes.
2. Stir in egg and egg yolk until blended. Sprinkle flour over batter and stir until completely blended.
3. Divide batter equally between prepared ramekins.
4. Place ramekins in air fryer basket, spacing them evenly. Air-fry for 8 to 13 minutes or until surface of cakes appears dry but a tester inserted in the center comes out with wet batter attached. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for 3 minutes.
5. Run a knife around edges of ramekins and invert onto individual dessert plates. Sift with confectioners’ sugar and serve with any of the suggested accompaniments, as desired.