Some posts on this site contain an affiliate link. Clicking on an affiliate link does not increase the cost of the product if you buy it. It does mean that I MAY make a commission if you purchase the item. Affiliate links are used in an attempt to offset the operational costs incurred by running this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Celebrate the Sing-Along event of the year with your own copy of Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again Sing-Along Edition on Blu-ray on October 23, 2018.
The product(s) featured in this post was provided at no cost to me. Please note that, as always, any personal opinions reflected in this post are my own and have not been influenced by the sponsor in any way. Some of the posts on this site, like this one, contain an affiliate link. Affiliate links are used in an attempt to offset the operational costs incurred by running this website. Affiliate links may take the form of a banner ad or a text link. Clicking on an affiliate link does not increase the cost of the product for you if you buy it. It does mean that I MAY make a SMALL commission if you purchase the item.
- Blu-ray/DVD Release Date: October 23, 2018
- Rated: PG-13 Parents Strongly Cautioned
- Number of discs: 2
- Run Time: 114 minutes
- Studio: Universal Pictures Home Entertainment
- ASIN: B07F9Q4C4X
- Purchase on Amazon
I remember hearing ABBA songs on the radio when I was growing up. I didn’t see MAMMA MIA! The Movie but if it was anything like MAMMA MIA! HERE WE GO AGAIN I can only guess it was great fun. This fun sing-along edition of the movie gives you the hit movie and a ton of extras, enough to keep you singing for days (or at the very least hours). It’s a great holiday gift for anyone who enjoyed the movie, and would also be terrific for a fun at-home karaoke night with family or friends.
Ten years after MAMMA MIA! The Movie, MAMMA MIA! HERE WE GO AGAIN invites you to return to the magical Greek island of Kalokairi to continue the story’s emotional journey of family and friendship whilst discovering just how those life-changing relationships were formed and includes hit songs such as When I Kissed The Teacher, Fernando and Dancing Queen.
MAMMA MIA! Here We Go Again, a Littlestar/Playtone production, is produced by Judy Craymer and Gary Goetzman, producers of the original film. Craymer is also the creator and producer of the worldwide smash hit stage musical. Ol Parker, writer of The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, writes and directs the sequel from a story by Catherine Johnson, Richard Curtis and Ol Parker. Benny Andersson and Björn Ulvaeus return to provide music and lyrics and serve as executive producers. The original cast members multi-award winner Meryl Streep (Florence Foster Jenkins, Into The Woods), Pierce Brosnan (The World is Not Enough), Oscar® winner Colin Firth (The King’s Speech), Stellan Skarsgård (Good Will Hunting), Julie Walters (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows), Dominic Cooper (Avengers: Infinity Wars), Amanda Seyfried (Les Miserables) and Christine Baranski (The Good Wife) return alongside new additions Lily James (Cinderella, Baby Driver), Oscar® winner Cher (Moonstruck, Burlesque) and Andy Garcia (Ocean’s Eleven, The Godfather: Part III).
Both a prequel and a sequel, the film tells two stories: present day as Sophie Sheridan (Seyfried) prepares for the grand reopening of her mother Donna’s (Streep) hotel and 1979 when young Donna (James) first arrives on the island. Sophie learns about her mother’s exciting, fun-filled adventures with the young Dynamos, Tanya (Jessica Keenan-Wynn) and Rosie (Alexa Davies), and how young Donna first met her three possible dads Harry (Hugh Skinner), Bill (Josh Dylan) and Sam (Jeremy Irvine) all those years ago. Deemed as “a relentlessly sunny musical romp” by Leah Greenblatt, Entertainment Weekly, MAMMA MIA! HERE WE GO AGAIN is filled with summer fun, joy and romance that allows audiences to tap into their inner dancing queens in their own living rooms! Get ready to sing and dance all over again with the entire cast and go behind the scenes with MAMMA MIA! HERE WE GO AGAIN on Digital, 4K Ultra HD, Blu-rayTM and DVD – with over an hour of bonus material.
Here’s the trailer.
- Deleted/Extended Songs and Scenes with Commentary by Director/Screenplay Writer Ol Parker
- Extended Song Performance – The Name Of The Game
- Extended Song Performance – Knowing Me, Knowing You
- Enhanced Sing-Alongs
- One Of Us
- Why Did It Have To Be Me?
- I Have A Dream
- Kisses Of Fire
- Knowing Me, Knowing You
- Angel Eyes
- My Love, My Life
- Cast Meets Cast
- Tanya Meets Tanya – Jessica Keenan Wynn interviews Christine Baranski about playing the sassiest Dynamo – Tanya.
- Rosie Meets Rosie – Alexa Davies interviews Julie Walters as the two actresses share their experiences playing Rosie.
- Cast Chats
- Dynamo Chit-Chat – A conversation between the three Young Dynamos reflecting on their favorite song, costumes, scenes to shoot, and funniest moments.
- Dad Chat – The young dads come together to share some of their favorite memories from set.
- High Jinks
- Sophie’s Story – Of all the characters, Amanda Seyfried’s Sophie has developed the most since the first movie. Here we will chart how Sophie has gone from a vulnerable young girl to a confident young woman following life-changing events.
- Choreographing MAMMA MIA! HERE WE GO AGAIN – Choreographer Anthony Van Laast and his team will reveal some of the secrets behind the highly original dance routines.
- Dancing Queen: Anatomy of a Scene – The most famous piano roll in musical history opens one of ABBA’S biggest hits, “Dancing Queen.” The number is the biggest and most complex sequence. Ol Parker will discuss where and how he wanted to use the song in the story.
- Performing for Legends – Here the Young Dynamos will discuss the daunting prospect of stepping into the recording booth at Air Studios to sing ABBA to ABBA.
- Class of ’79 – The story of the Young Dads and Dynamos is told against the backdrop of Oxford, Paris and the Greek Islands of 1979, when hairstyles were wackier and the fashions were bolder. This featurette will focus on the Young Dads and Dynamos and their experience bringing these characters to life.