Some posts on this site contain an affiliate link. Clicking on an affiliate link does not increase the cost of the product if you buy it. It does mean that I MAY make a commission if you purchase the item. Affiliate links are used in an attempt to offset the operational costs incurred by running this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Valentine’s Day is almost here. Do you need some ideas on something sweet to cook up for your sweetie? You can use Lucky Leaf Pie Fillings to create delicious desserts. Lucky Leaf makes a wide variety of fillings including Apple, Apricot, Blackberry, Blueberry, Cherry, Dark Sweet Cherry, Lemon, Peach, Pineapple, Raisin, Red Raspberry, Strawberry, Lite Apple and Lite Cherry.
I made the Lucky Leaf Lucky Stars Ginger Apple Spice Tart today. The house smelled soooo good while it was baking and when I took it out of the oven. It was very easy to make and tasted delicious.
LUCKY LEAF LUCKY STARS GINGER APPLE SPICE TART
- 1 15-ounce package rolled refrigerated unbaked pie crust (2 crusts)
- 2 21-ounce cansLUCKY LEAF ® Apple Pie Filling
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Butter-flavor nonstick cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Frozen whipped dessert topping, thawed, or vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Chopped crystallized ginger (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Let pie crusts stand at room temperature according to package directions. Unroll one of the pie crusts. On a lightly floured surface, roll crust to a 13- to 14-inch circle. Transfer pie crust to a 10×2-inch round tart pan with removable bottom or a 10-inch deep-dish pie plate. Trim crust to the edge of the pan. Set aside.
2. Unroll remaining pie crust. Using a 2- to 3-inch star cutter or other desired cutter, make 5 to 6 cutouts in the pastry. Set pastry and cutouts aside.
3. In a large saucepan heat pie filling, butter, 1 tablespoon crystallized ginger, vanilla, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, and fresh ginger over medium heat until butter is melted, gently stirring frequently.
4. Pour apple filling into pastry lined tart pan.
Place the pastry with the cutouts atop the filling.
Trim pastry to edge of tart pan and gently press the top pastry to the bottom pastry to seal. If using a pie plate, fold top pastry under bottom pastry and pinch to seal; crimp edge as desired. Place star cutouts atop the pastry, leaving most of the openings in the crust exposed. Lightly coat pastry with nonstick cooking spray. In a small bowl combine sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon; sprinkle over pastry. Place tart on a foil-lined baking sheet.
5. To prevent overbrowning, cover the edge of the tart or pie with foil. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil. Bake about 10 minutes more or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
Cool on a wire rack about 1 hour. Remove sides of the tart pan. Serve warm. If desired, top with whipped topping and additional crystallized ginger. Makes 8 servings.
The tart was very easy to make and delicious.
Here’s the next dessert I want to make. I really wanted to make it today but was out of eggs. We’re having company next weekend so it’ll be perfect then.
Layers Of Love Cherry-Choco Trifle
- 1 18.25-ounce package chocolate cake mix, prepared
- 1 4-serving size package instant chocolate pudding mix, prepared
- 2 21-ounce cans LUCKY LEAF ® Regular or Premium Cherry Pie Filling
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping,thawed
- Chocolate curls (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Prepare cake mix according to package directions and bake in a 13”x9” baking pan. Let cake cool completely and cut into 1-inch cubes.
Prepare pudding mix according to package directions. Chill at least 30 minutes. Place half of cake cubes in a 3- to 4-quart trifle bowl. Spoon one can of the LUCKY LEAF Cherry Pie Filling over cake; spread 1 cup pudding over cherries and top with half of whipped topping. Repeat layers.
Top with chocolate curls, if desired. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
Makes 12-14 servings
Looking for another dessert idea? How about a Chocolate Cherry Cake With Rum Ganache?
Last but not least, here are some quick tips and dessert ideas from Lucky Lea Chef Amanda Cook.
Lucky Leaf on Facebook
Lucky Leaf on Twitter
ONE winner will receive a gift package including Lucky Leaf Premium Pie Filling, our new Bake Your Heart Out Recipe Book, crisp mix and a pot holder.
HOW TO ENTER. (MANDATORY)
To enter leave a comment on this post telling me what your favorite Lucky Leaf Filling is OR which filling you’d most like to try.
2 – Subscribe to my email feed, and confirm your subscription. Leave 2 comments for this.
2 – Subscribe to my newsletter. (at top of sidebar) – Leave 2 comments for this.
2 – Subscribe to my YouTube channel. (at top of sidebar.) – Leave 2 comments for this.
2 – Follow me AND @luckyleaf on Twitter AND leave your Twitter name here. (at top of sidebar) – Leave 2 comments for this.
2 – Tweet the following and leave the link here – I entered to #win a @luckyleaf #giveaway from @valmg at https://fromvalskitchen.com – Ends 02/12. – Two tweets daily is the max for this method of entry.
1 – Like me on Facebook and leave a comment on my Facebook page stating what giveaway you’re entering. (at top of sidebar)
1 – Subscribe to my RSS feed. (at top of sidebar)
3 – Blog about this giveaway, including a link here. – Leave 3 comments for this.
1 – Place my button (button code in sidebar) on your blog and leave link to your blog.
1 – Leave a relevant comment on any other non-giveaway post on this blog. Unlimited entries for this method of entry. Leave a comment for each.
2 – Visit any of my blogs – Mom Knows It All and Game Review Network – and leave a relevant comment on any non-giveaway post. Then return here and leave a comment on this post telling me one thing you read or learned there. (That’s two comments you need to leave for this bonus entry, one there and one here.) Unlimited entries for this method of entry, leave a comment for each post you commented on.
1 – Visit HereAndThere.US (my Mom) and leave a relevant comment on any non-giveaway post there. Then return here and leave a comment on this post telling me one thing you read or learned on my Mom’s blog. (That’s two comments you need to leave for this bonus entry, one here and one there.) Unlimited entries for this method of entry.
Leave an additional comment for each entry you qualify for. You must have completed the first entry according to the instructions to be eligible for any bonus entries.
THE SMALL PRINT.
The winner will be selected using the “And the winner is” plugin. US addresses only please, no PO Boxes. This contest will end on Sunday 02/12/12 at 11:59 pm est. If you’ve entered any of my giveaways before then you know that only comments containing all of the requested information will be eligible for entry. The winner must contact me to confirm they wish to receive the prize within two days of my email notifying them they’ve won. Good luck to everyone!
The product(s) featured in this review was provided free of cost to me for the sole purpose of product testing and review. This post has not been monetarily compensated and is based on the views and opinions of my family and/or self. Please note that the opinions reflected in this post have not been influenced by the sponsor in any way.
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED.