Some posts on this site contain an affiliate link. Clicking on an affiliate link does not increase the cost of the product if you buy it. It does mean that I MAY make a commission if you purchase the item. Affiliate links are used in an attempt to offset the operational costs incurred by running this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Slow cookers are a super popular appliance during any time of the year. during the holiday season, when weather gets colder and sometimes yucky, people turn to slow cookers to help them save time and work preparing a tasty, warming meal. The Big Book Of Slow Cooker Dinners would make a great gift for anyone that has or is getting a slow cooker this holiday season. The recipes inside it are easy to understand and use ingredients found in most kitchens and grocery stores. The Bacon au Gratin Cauliflower recipe below will be a huge hit with family and guests alike during this busy entertaining season.
- Appetizers and Dips
- Soups, Broths, Chilis, and Stews
- Grain, Pasta Dishes, and Casseroles
- Chicken, Turkey and Game Birds
- Beef, Bison, and Venison
- Pork and Lamb
- Vegetable Main Courses
- Vegetable Sides
- Desserts and Sweet Treats
- Staples: Homemade Stocks, Sauces, and Seasoning Mixes
The Crock-Pot Ladies Big Book of Slow Cooker Dinners: More Than 300 Fabulous and Fuss-Free Recipes for Families on the Go
- Author: Heidi Kennedy, Katie Handing, Sarah Ince
- Paperback: 328 pages
- Publisher: Harvard Common Press (January 15, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1558329242
- ISBN-13: 978-1558329249
- Purchase on Amazon
The Crock-Pot Ladies Big Book of Slow Cooker Dinners is a lifetime of delicious dinner ideas that are as easy to make as they are flavorful.
The Crock-Pot Ladies walk the walk of raising busy families and feeding them well. Meet Heidi, Katie, and Sarah, three awesome cooks who preside over households that together include ten children along with a variety of husbands, grandchildren, and other relatives—all while they maintain super-busy work-at-home schedules that fill most of each day.
The hundreds of thousands of readers of their wildly popular website, Crock-Pot Ladies, rely on them for nutritious and tasty recipes that deliver variety over monotony, comfort over pretense, and, above all, quick prep work over laboriously fancy productions.
In this book, their first, featuring 275 recipes—over half of which are brand new and not available on their website—the Crock-Pot Ladies use easy-to-shop-for, available-anywhere ingredients to build terrific soups and stews, dips and spreads, sides and casseroles, and, especially, protein-packed main courses for big appetites. Experts at cooking for the freezer, the Ladies serve up 25 freezer meal plans, covering 5-, 7-, and 10-day plans, that use the many freezer-friendly recipes in the book.
Nobody knows Crock-Pots and other slow cookers like the Crock-Pot Ladies, and The Crock-Pot Ladies Big Book of Slow Cooker Dinners is chock-full of tips and tricks that show you how to get the most from any model or size of slow cooker. This is a book you can rely on, day in and day out, weekdays and weekends, for fabulous dinners that don’t demand time that you don’t have.
Here’s a recipe for Bacon au Gratin Cauliflower from the cookbook, excerpted with permission from the publisher.
Bacon au Gratin Cauliflower
Serves: 4 to 6
4 to 5 hours on LOW
Slow Cooker Size: 4-quart (3.8-L) or larger
This cauliflower recipe is sinfully delicious and a bit over the top. Fresh cauliflower is cooked in the slow cooker with cheese and cream and topped with cooked crispy bacon bits. You won’t be able to stop eating this out-of-this-world side dish!
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup (235 ml) heavy cream
- 1½ cups (115 g) shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup (120 ml) milk
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4–6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Add the cauliflower to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add the cream, cheese, milk, garlic, pepper, and salt to a saucepan. Heat on the stove top over medium heat, stirring constantly until the cheese is melted. Pour over the cauliflower in the slow cooker.
- Cover the slow cooker. Cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours, until the cauliflower is fork-tender.
- While the slow cooker is cooking, cook the bacon in a frying pan on the stove top or bake it in the oven and let it cool. Crumble it and sprinkle it over the top of the cauliflower when it is done cooking.