Some posts on this site contain an affiliate link. Clicking on an affiliate link does not increase the cost of the product if you buy it. It does mean that I MAY make a commission if you purchase the item. Affiliate links are used in an attempt to offset the operational costs incurred by running this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Grilled Bananas Recipe
Excerpted from The 250 Best Brownies, Bars & Squares by Esther Brody © 2013 Robert Rose Inc. www.robertrose.ca Reprinted with publisher permission.
Grilled Bananas, page 177
Not unlike Mexican fried bananas, this dessert reaches another luscious level when topped with vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce and walnuts.
- 3 tbsp packed brown sugar 45 mL
- 2 tbsp butter 25 mL
- 1 tbsp orange-flavored liqueur 15 mL
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice 10 mL
- 1⁄4 tsp ground cinnamon 1 mL
- 4 bananas, peeled and sliced in half lengthwise 4
1. In a small saucepan, over medium heat, stir brown sugar and butter together until butter is melted. Add liqueur, lemon juice and cinnamon. Continue stirring until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
2. Place sliced bananas in a shallow dish. Pour sauce over bananas, turning the fruit to coat evenly.
3. Spray both sides of contact grill with vegetable cooking spray or oil. Place bananas on contact grill, close lid and grill for 2 minutes, until fruit is softened but not mushy.
If your contact grill has more than one temperature setting, set it to high for this recipe.
- Paperback: 192 pages
- Publisher: Robert Rose (September 4, 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0778801020
- ISBN-13: 978-0778801023
- Cover Price $19.95
Click to read my 125 Best Indoor Grill Recipes cookbook review.
A copy of the cookbook was provided free of cost to me for that review. Please note that any personal opinions reflected in this post are my own and have not been influenced by the sponsor in any way.
Some posts on this site may contain an affiliate link, which means I may get paid a small commission if you purchase the product or service.