Some posts on this site contain an affiliate link. Clicking on an affiliate link does not increase the cost of the product if you buy it. It does mean that I MAY make a commission if you purchase the item. Affiliate links are used in an attempt to offset the operational costs incurred by running this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Chocolate Chip Granola Bars Recipe
Excerpted from The 250 Best Brownies, Bars & Squares by Esther Brody © 2013 Robert Rose Inc. www.robertrose.ca Reprinted with publisher permission.page 131, Specialty Bars & Squares
MAKES 36 BARS
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats 750 mL
- 1 cup raisins 250 mL
- 1 cup sunflower seeds 250 mL
- 1 cup chopped peanuts 250 mL
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips 250 mL
- 1 can (14 oz sweetened condensed milk [398 mL])
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted 125 mL
13- by 9-inch (3.5 L) cake pan, lined with greased foil
Preheat oven to 325° F (160° C)
1. In a bowl mix together oats, raisins, sunflower seeds, peanuts and chocolate chips. Add condensed milk and mix thoroughly. Stir in melted butter until blended. Spread evenly in prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Place pan on a rack to cool slightly, then transfer cake, with foil, to a cutting board and cut into bars.
- Paperback: 192 pages
- Publisher: Robert Rose; 2 edition (July 25, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0778804674
- ISBN-13: 978-0778804673
- Cover Price $ 19.95
Click to read my 250 Best Brownies, Bars And Squares cookbook review.
A copy of the cookbook was provided free of cost to me for that review. Please note that any personal opinions reflected in this post are my own and have not been influenced by the sponsor in any way.
Some posts on this site may contain an affiliate link, which means I may get paid a small commission if you purchase the product or service.