Some posts on this site contain an affiliate link. Clicking on an affiliate link does not increase the cost of the product if you buy it. It does mean that I MAY make a commission if you purchase the item. Affiliate links are used in an attempt to offset the operational costs incurred by running this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
The product(s) featured in this post was provided at no cost to me. Please note that, as always, any personal opinions reflected in this post are my own and have not been influenced by the sponsor in any way. Some of the posts on this site, like this one, contain an affiliate link. Affiliate links are used in an attempt to offset the operational costs incurred by running this website. Affiliate links may take the form of a banner ad or a text link. Clicking on an affiliate link does not increase the cost of the product for you if you buy it. It does mean that I MAY make a commission if you purchase the item.
One of the reason building, farming and planting style games are so popular is because there’s a lot of choice involved, so what’s happening in your game may look different or not be happening at all in someone else’s game. Terraria is one such game. Terraria offers players a world where they can explore, build, grow and even fight. It’s a game that will holds a player’s interest because it is continually changing and evolving. Terraria would be a great gift for any video game lover, particularly kids, creative folks, and folks that have played Terraria in other forms like on the PC or Playstation.
The very world is at your fingertips as you fight for survival, fortune, and glory. Delve deep into cavernous expanses, seek out ever-greater foes to test your mettle in combat, or construct your own city – In the World of Terraria, the choice is yours!
Blending elements of classic action games with the freedom of sandbox-style creativity, Terraria is a unique gaming experience where both the journey and the destination are as unique as the players themselves!
This one is a hit with kids and adults alike! With over 25 million copies sold – making it one of the bestselling games of all time – and immense praise from the gaming community and media, Terraria blends the creative building sandbox elements of Minecraft with grand adventures and quests to embark upon along the way.
EXPLORE! – With an assortment of distinct biomes and structures scattered throughout the landscape, each excursion abounds with the potential for legendary discoveries.
DIG! – Gather, transform, and utilize raw materials as you explore an assortment of distinct biomes and structures. Each world is unique, so you never know what you will find!
BUILD! – Construct the world you desire! From simple dwellings to immense fortresses to intricate machinery, the choice is yours! Become the architect of your very own world!
FIGHT! – Wield a vast arsenal of weaponry and armor – from swords to magic spells to firearms and beyond – as you triumph over the enemy hordes that are intent on your destruction!
– Use the Touch Screen to quickly navigate the inventory, as well as more finesse in building, digging and combat.
– 2 player split screen in docked mode. Needs two Joy-Cons per player.
– Up to local 8 player local wireless play – one console needed per player
– Up to 8 players online – Nintendo online subscription needed.
Includes 1.3 update content:
– Over 300 enemies to combat, defeat, and plunder for loot
– Over 20 Bosses and Events to truly test the player’s skills
– Endgame Celestial Invasion Event and the Moon Lord final boss encounter
– Over 20 Biomes and Mini-Biomes to explore, both above and underground – from lush forests to barren deserts to dungeons, the underworld, and even the terrifying Corruption await!
– New Expert Mode designed to provide new challenges for even the most seasoned Terraria veterans – with the promise of greater rewards
– Updated crafting with multiple added item options
– Over 20 NPCs to discover, each providing their own benefits and unique style
– More than 800 new items to discover – bringing the total item count to more than 3500!
– In-depth building options that are easy to learn, but allow for amazing feats of architecture in the hands of a maste
Here’s the trailer.
You can purchase Terraria on Amazon, and at select retailers.