Herbed Salmon with Asparagus Recipe From The 5-Ingredient Instant Pot Cookbook
Recipe credit: Courtesy of The 5 Ingredient Instant Pot Cookbook by Marilyn Haugen © 2018 www.robertrose.ca Reprinted with permission. Available where books are sold.
Image credit: Colin Erricson
The product(s) featured in this post was provided free of cost to me. Please note that, as always, any personal opinions reflected in this post are my own and have not been influenced by the sponsor in any way. The product(s) featured in this post was provided free of cost to me. Please note that, as always, any personal opinions reflected in this post are my own and have not been influenced by the sponsor in any way.
Herbed Salmon with Asparagus
This gourmet one-pot meal is one of my go-to dishes. The flavors are simple and pleasantly satisfying.
Makes 2 servings
- Instant Pot electric pressure cooker
- steam rack
- 2 pieces of parchment paper, cut to fit salmon pieces
- measuring cup
- measuring spoons
- 1 cup ready-to-use chicken broth 250 mL
- 12 oz skin-on salmon fillet, cut into 2 equal pieces 375 g
- virgin olive oil
- Herbes de Provence
- 8 oz asparagus spears, tough ends trimmed and spears halved 250 g
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp butter 45 mL
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice 15 mL
1. Add broth to the inner pot and place the steam rack in the pot. Place 1 piece of salmon, skin side down, on each prepared piece of parchment paper and brush top with oil. Sprinkle with herbes de Provence. Arrange both pieces on steam rack, without overlapping. Arrange asparagus on top of salmon. Drizzle with a little oil and season with salt and pepper.
2. Close and lock the lid and turn the steam release handle to Sealing. Set your Instant Pot to pressure cook on Low for 5 minutes.
3. When the cooking time is done, press Cancel and turn the steam release handle to Venting. When the float valve drops down, remove the lid. The fish should be opaque and should flake easily when tested with a fork. (If more cooking time is needed, continue pressure cooking on Low for 1 minute.)
4. Transfer salmon to serving plates and arrange asparagus on top of and around salmon. Cover with foil to keep warm.
5. Set your Instant Pot to sauté on More. Cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1⁄4 cup (60 mL). Add butter and lemon juice; cook, stirring, until butter is melted. Drizzle sauce over fish and asparagus. Serve immediately.
Using your fingers, carefully check the salmon fillet for tiny pin bones. Remove any bones with a tweezers or needle nose pliers.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out my 5-Ingredient Instant Pot Cookbook review which contains a Valencia-style Paella recipe, as well as a Fish and Pineapple Tostadas recipe, both of which I have shared with permission of the publisher.
- Author: Marilyn Haugen
- Paperback: 192 pages
- Publisher: Robert Rose (October 30, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0778806081
- ISBN-13: 978-0778806080
- Purchase on Amazon