Courtesy of 150 Best Toaster Oven Recipes by Linda Stephen © 2018 www.robertrose.ca Reprinted with permission. Available where books are sold.
Image credit: Mark T. Shapiro
Roasted Fish Fillets with Crumb Topping
A simple topping of breadcrumbs adds a bit of crunch to these fillets. Try using salmon, halibut or grouper, and buy fillets that are at least 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick. Serve with ratatouille or tartar sauce.
Makes 4 servings
- 3⁄4 cup fresh breadcrumbs 175 mL
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil, dillweed or parsley 25 mL
- 1 tbsp olive oil 15 mL
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest 5 mL
- 4 fish fillets (about 6 oz/175 g each)
- 4 lemon wedges
1. In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs, basil, oil, garlic and lemon zest.
2. Place fillets in a single layer on lightly greased oven pan. Press crumb mixture over top of fillets.
3. Bake in preheated 425°F (220°C) toaster oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until fish is opaque and flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve garnished with lemon wedges.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out my 150 Best Toaster Oven Recipes cookbook review which contains a Vegetable Bean Chili recipe, as well as a Stuffed Pork Loin Roast with Cranapple Sauce recipe, both of which I have shared with permission of the publisher.
- Author: Linda Stephen
- Paperback: 208 pages
- Publisher: Robert Rose; New edition (August 10, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0778806162
- ISBN-13: 978-0778806165
- Purchase on Amazon