The product(s) featured in this post was provided free of cost to me. Please note that, as always, any personal opinions reflected in this post are my own and have not been influenced by the sponsor in any way. Some of the posts on this site, such as this one, contain an affiliate link. This means I MAY get paid a VERY SMALL commission if you purchase the product or service.
Char-Broil Great Book of Grilling: 300 Tasty Recipes for Every Meal: Delicious Appetizers, Meat, Veggies & More
- Paperback: 304 pages
- Publisher: Creative Homeowner; First edition (April 15, 2018)
- ISBN-10: 1580118011
- ISBN-13: 978-1580118019
- Cover price $24.99
- Purchase on Amazon
Get outside and join the fun with hundreds of easy-to-follow recipes from the grilling experts at America’s favorite grill brand! Char-Broil Great Book of Grilling is the definitive cookbook and how-to guide for everyone who loves preparing meals in the great outdoors.
Driven by tradition and six generations of family ownership, the Char-Broil team has packed Great Book of Grilling: 300 Tasty Recipes for Every Meal with hundreds of easy-to-follow grill recipes that will have family and friends licking their fingers.
The book includes recipes for grilled and barbecued appetizers, main courses, sides, salads, vegetables, and desserts. Highlights include savory apple butter barbecue ribs, mouth-watering pinapple and habanero chicken wings, and the creatively cured smoked chicken lollipos with cola BBQ sauce. These varied dishes represent the book’s myriad of cooking methods; whether you enjoy barbecuing, smoking, or grilling, there is something for everyone – the beginner and those looking for a challenge alike.
The chapters in this cookbook include:
- Cooking Outside
- Appetizers & Snacks
- Beef, Lamb & Veal
- Vegetables, Sides & Salads
- Marinades, Sauces & Rubs
The beginning of this book is basically a primer on grilling. Here you will find descriptions of types of grills, methods of cooking, frequently used terminology, and commonly used tools. The book also contains lots of helpful tips and techniques, as well as information on prepwork such as defrosting, marinating and brining. Then there are the recipes. The recipes in this cookbook are easy to understand. Prep and cooking time are clearly noted at the top of each recipe, which makes it much easier to know which recipes will work for you. The instructions are clearly written. The book is full of mouthwatering color photos, with at least one photo on every page. This cookbook would be perfect for anyone that enjoys grilling or is interested in learning how to get started.
Here’s a recipe from Great Book Of Grilling, reprinted with the permission of the publisher.
Pineapple Habanero Chicken Wings
Serves 2 to 4 as a starter
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Pineapple & Habanero Sauce
- 1 1/4 cup diced pineapple
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper
- 1 habanero pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon butter
1. Preheat the grill for indirect grilling.
2. Mix the chicken wings with olive oil in a bowl. Then, add the paprika, onion powder, salt and pepper. Mix until wings are evenly-coated with seasonings.
3. Cook the wings over indirect heat for 25 to 30 minutes at 350°F.
4. Add all of the Pineapple & Habanero Sauce ingredients except the butter in a blender and blend until you get a nice, smooth consistency. Add to a saucepan over medium heat with two tablespoons of butter. Simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Once close to fully cooked, place the chicken wings in the sauce to give them a generous coating. Then, sear over direct heat for 30 seconds per side. Enjoy!