One Pan Pork Chops With Creamy Chive Sauce is an easy 5-ingredient dish that goes from start to finish in less than 30 minutes. The recipe calls for only five ingredients and creates its own gravy to serve over the chops. It’s a quick and simple meal perfect for a busy night during any time of the year.
One Pan Pork Chops With Creamy Chive Sauce
Pork chops are one of hubby’s favorite things to eat. While stuffed pork chops are his undoubted favorite, he likes them made in other ways as well. What he doesn’t like is when pork chops are dry, which can easily happen if they’re cooked too long or over heat that’s too high. Even when cooked properly pork chops can seem dry rather quickly. So, hubby likes them with sauce or drippings. This one pan dish is easy to make. The recipe calls for only five ingredients and creates its own gravy to serve over the chops. These pork chops pair well with potatoes topped with sour cream or simple buttered rice. Here’s instructions on how to make One Pan Pork Chops With Creamy Chive Sauce.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
- large skillet
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- silicone spatula or cooking spoon
- 8x 4-oz. boneless pork chops
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 6 oz cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 3 T. fresh chives, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and black pepper, to taste (optional)
- fresh chives, finely chopped, for garnish (optional)
1. Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy-duty skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Season the pork chops on each side with salt and pepper, if desired, and add to the pre-heated skillet. Brown the pork chops on each side, for approximately 3 minutes per side. Remove the pork chops from the pan and set aside on a rimmed dish to collect the juices.
3. Reduce the heat on the stove to medium and add the chicken broth and cream cheese to the skillet. Gently scrape the bottom of the pan to loosen any brown bits. Continue stirring until the cheese is completely melted, for approximately 4-5 minutes.
4. Add the juices from the plate holding the pork chops to the skillet. Stir to combine the liquids, then add pork chops. Cook for 1-2 additional minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the chopped chives.
5. Transfer the pork chops to individual serving plates and top with the creamy pan sauce. Garnish with additional chives, if desired, and serve immediately with your choice of sides.