Neopolitan Cheesecake Recipe From The Cheesecake Bible Cookbook
Courtesy of The Cheesecake Bible Second Edition by George Geary 2018 © www.robertrose.ca Reprinted with publisher permission. Available where books are sold.
Image credit: Colin Erricson.
The product(s) featured in this post was provided free of cost to me. Please note that, as always, any personal opinions reflected in this post are my own and have not been influenced by the sponsor in any way. Some of the posts on this site, such as this one, contain an affiliate link. This means I MAY get paid a VERY SMALL commission if you purchase the product or service.
When I was a child, Neapolitan ice cream satisfied my love of chocolate and my sister’s strawberry craving. But there was always that lonely center of vanilla left untouched in the carton. That won’t happen with this wonderful spin on the ice cream flavor.
Serves 10 to 12.
- 9-inch (23 cm) cheesecake pan or springform pan with 3-inch (7.5 cm) sides
- measuring cup
- measuring spoons
- mixing bowl
- double boiler
- mixer with paddle attachment
- 11⁄4 cups chocolate cookie crumbs, store-bought 300 mL
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted 60 mL
- 11⁄2 lbs cream cheese, softened 750 g
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar 175 mL
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract 10 mL
- 2 oz semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled 60 g
- 2 oz white chocolate, melted and cooled 60 g
- 1⁄2 cup fresh strawberries, mashed 125 mL
- 3 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped 90 g
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter 30 mL
• Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)
1. Crust: In a bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press into bottom of cheesecake pan and freeze.
2. Filling: In a mixer bowl fitted with paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and sugar on medium-high speed until very smooth, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Mix in vanilla.
3. Divide batter into three equal portions. Mix semisweet chocolate into one-third of the batter. Mix white chocolate into one-third of the batter. Stir strawberries into remaining third.
4. Spread dark chocolate batter over frozen crust, smoothing out to sides of pan. Refrigerate for about 5 minutes to firm. Spread white chocolate batter carefully over dark chocolate layer, covering it completely. Refrigerate for 5 minutes to firm. Spread strawberry batter over white chocolate layer. Bake in preheated oven until top is light brown and center has a slight jiggle to it, 45 to 55 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 2 hours. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before decorating or serving.
5. Decoration: In top of double boiler over medium heat with water simmering, whisk chocolate and butter until fully melted. Pour over chilled cake and let drip down the sides. Serve cold.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out my The Cheesecake Bible cookbook review which contains a Caramel Pecan Cheesecake recipe, as well as a Maui Tropical Cheesecake recipe, both of which I have shared with permission of the publisher.
- Author: George Geary
- Paperback: 384 pages
- Publisher: Robert Rose; Second edition (October 31, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0778806189
- ISBN-13: 978-0778806189
- Purchase on Amazon