Maui Tropical Cheesecake Recipe From The Cheesecake Bible Cookbook
Maui Tropical Cheesecake
Courtesy of The Cheesecake Bible Second Edition by George Geary 2018 © www.robertrose.ca Reprinted with publisher permission. Available where books are sold.
Image credit: Colin Erricson.
The product(s) featured in this post was provided free of cost to me. Please note that, as always, any personal opinions reflected in this post are my own and have not been influenced by the sponsor in any way. Some of the posts on this site, such as this one, contain an affiliate link. This means I MAY get paid a VERY SMALL commission if you purchase the product or service.
Tropical fruits from the islands make this cheesecake feel like a friendly aloha!
Serves 10 to 12
- 9-inch (23 cm) cheesecake pan or springform pan with 3-inch (7.5 cm) sides
- measuring cup
- measuring spoons
- mixing bowl
- mixer with paddle attachment
- 11⁄2 cups macadamia nuts, toasted and ground 375 mL
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour 15 mL
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar 60 mL
- 2 lbs cream cheese, softened 1 kg
- 11⁄2 cups granulated sugar 375 mL
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup well-drained crushed pineapple 125 mL (about one 8-oz/227 mL can)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped papaya 125 mL
- 1 tbsp rum 15 mL
- 2 tsp vanilla extract 10 mL
- 5 to 6 pineapple slices (about one 6-oz/175 mL can)
- 5 to 6 papaya slices (about 1⁄2 medium)
• Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)
1. Crust: In a bowl, combine macadamia nuts, flour and sugar. Press into bottom of cheesecake pan and freeze.
2. Filling: In a mixer bowl fitted with paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and sugar on medium-high speed until very smooth, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Fold in pineapple, papaya, rum and vanilla by hand.
3. Pour over crust, smoothing out to sides of pan. Bake in preheated oven until top is light brown and center has a slight jiggle to it, 45 to 55 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 2 hours. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before decorating or serving.
4. Decoration: Top with alternating pineapple and papaya slices. Chill until ready to serve.
To avoid making macadamia nut butter when grinding the nuts, process with the flour in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. A non-alcoholic substitute for rum is undiluted orange juice concentrate.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out my The Cheesecake Bible cookbook review which contains a Caramel Pecan Cheesecake recipe, as well as a Neopolitan Cheesecake recipe, both of which I have shared with permission of the publisher.
- Author: George Geary
- Paperback: 384 pages
- Publisher: Robert Rose; Second edition (October 31, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0778806189
- ISBN-13: 978-0778806189
- Purchase on Amazon