One Pan Lemon Rosemary Chicken Thighs with Broccoli features the classic flavor combination of fresh rosemary and lemon. Paired with broccoli, this easy skillet recipe is full of flavor yet low on carbs. This one pan recipe is easy to prepare, making it perfect for busy weeknights throughout the year.
One Pan Lemon Rosemary Chicken Thighs with Broccoli
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30-35 minutes
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1x 16 oz bag frozen broccoli
- 2 medium shallots, sliced thin
- 1½ tbsp fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 1 medium lemon, sliced and cut into small, thin wedges
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until the butter has melted. Swirl to coat bottom of pan.
2. Unroll the chicken thighs and season each side with salt and black pepper. Add the seasoned chicken to the hot skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until the chicken is golden brown and releases easily from the bottom of the skillet. Remove the chicken from the heat and transfer to a plate. Cover and keep the plate warm.
3. Reduce the heat to medium and add the remaining butter and sliced shallots to the skillet. Saute the shallots, stirring occasionally until soft and golden brown, for approximately 4-5 minutes.
4. Add the chicken stock to the skillet and increase the heat to medium-high. Bring the liquid to a boil while using a spatula or spoon to scrape the brown bits from bottom of pan. Add the chopped rosemary leaves. Continue cooking until the liquid is reduced by about half, approximately 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Return the chicken and its juices to the skillet, along with the frozen broccoli and thin lemon wedges. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until the broccoli is crisp tender and chicken is cooked through. (The internal temperature should read 165°F on an instant-read thermometer.)
6. Remove the pan from the heat and serve immediately with a spoonful of pan sauce drizzled over each chicken thigh. Garnish with additional lemon wedges, if desired. Enjoy!