Lemon Broccoli Pasta Salad is quick and easy to make. This light salad with fresh, vibrant flavor makes a perfect side for almost any meat or poultry.
Lemon Broccoli Pasta Salad
The addition of salt-cured lemons to this recipe really brings the salad to life. Don’t add extra salt to the salad without tasting or you may overpower the salad. The briny cured lemons are very intense on their own, but are perfect for seasoning a larger dish like this.
Storage Tip – You can make this Lemon Broccoli Pasta Salad recipe a day or two ahead and store in the refrigerator, so it’s perfect for taking to summer gatherings.
Some of the posts on this site, such as this one, contain an affiliate link. This means I MAY get paid a VERY SMALL commission if you purchase the product or service.
- 1 cup farfalle (bowtie pasta), cooked according to package directions
- 1 head broccoli, florets only
- 1 red bell pepper, core removed and cut into thin slices
- 1 yellow bell pepper, core removed and cut into thin slices
- 4 sliced preserved, salt-cured lemons, finely chopped including rinds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- 1 cup traditional Greek yogurt (full fat)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tbsp high-quality extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon zest
- salt and black pepper, to taste
Place the yogurt, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, and lemon zest into a glass bowl and combine with a fork or whisk. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Place the broccoli florets into a microwave safe bowl with 1 tbsp water. Cover and microwave for 4 or 5 minutes, until slightly tender. Microwave times vary, so check after 3 minutes and adjust time accordingly. Set aside to cool completely.
Place the cooked pasta, steamed broccoli, red and yellow pepper, cured lemon and cranberries into a large bowl. Toss to mix well. Add some yogurt dressing and toss again until thoroughly combined.