This Instant Pot Chicken Broccoli Mac And Cheese recipe produces a hearty, filling comfort food that is sure to please everyone!
Mac and cheese.It’s one of everyone’s favorite comfort foods. While many kids do love mac and cheese, the same cannot always be said for vegetables like broccoli. I can’t think of a better place to hide broccoli than in some creamy mac and cheese. And since we’re tossing a vegetable in, why not throw in some chicken too. Now we have a hearty, filling comfort food that is sure to please everyone – Instant Pot Chicken Broccoli Mac And Cheese. There’s no need to heat up the house by using the stove or oven. This dish is made in an Instant Pot electric pressure cooker. The chicken and the broccoli are both hidden beneath the thick, rich, creamy cheese sauce. The dish was a big hit. Everyone found it so filling that there were plenty of leftovers for the next day, which you can easily reheat with a pat of butter or a splash of milk. Here’s how I make it.
Instant Pot Chicken Broccoli Mac And Cheese
Some of the posts on this site, such as this one, contain an affiliate link. This means I MAY get paid a VERY SMALL commission if you purchase the product or service.
- Instant Pot pressure cooker (I used the 6 qt model)
- Instant Pot glass lid – I love this lid because it keeps the food warm while I’m serving or while we’re eating
- Instant Pot silicone mitts
- silicone spoon
- silicone chop stir
- measuring cup – I like the Pyrex glass measuring cups. They are super easy to read, wash well, and are very sturdy when placed on the counter.
- measuring spoon – I love adjustable measuring spoons. You can’t beat replacing a bunch of little spoons that get lost easily with two or three larger spoons.
Here’s convenient buttons that will let you easily purchase any of the items I’ve listed.
Instant Pot Silicone MittsSilicone Serving SpoonInstant Pot Glass LidPyrex 3-piece Glass Measuring Cup SetCook’s Pro Adjustable Measuring Spoon SetChopStir Original Hamburger ChopperInstant Pot 7-in-1 Multi-function Pressure Cooker
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 4.5 cups chicken broth
- 10 oz Velveeta cheese
- 4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 oz frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 cup french onion sour cream dip (I use Heluva Good. You could use regular sour cream but I like that this one adds to the flavor of the dish.)
- 3 tsp onion powder (divided into 1 tsp and 2 tsp)
- 3 tsp garlic powder (divided into 1 tsp and 2 tsp)
- 3 tsp Italian seasoning (divided into 1 tsp and 2 tsp)
- olive oil
Cover the bottom of the Instant Pot with a thin layer of olive oil.
Set Instant Pot to saute and brown the ground chicken, adding in 1 tsp of onion powder, 1 tsp of garlic powder and 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
Once the chicken is cooked and turning white, add the elbow macaroni, chicken broth, 2 tsp onion powder, 2 tsp garlic powder, and 2 tsp Italian seasoning to the Instant Pot.
Make sure the noodles are covered by the broth as best as possible.
Add the broccoli to the Instant Pot.
Set the Instant Pot to manual high pressure and cook for 8 minutes.
When the Instant Pot has finished cooking, do a quick pressure release.
Add the Velveeta cheese, shredded cheddar cheese and french onion sour cream dip into the Instant Pot.
Set Instant Pot to saute and cook until the cheeses and sour cream are blended thoroughly.
LOOKING FOR OTHER INSTANT POT PRESSURE COOKER PASTA RECIPES? TRY THESE!