Instant Pot Bacon Ranch Meatloaf And Ranch Mashed Potatoes – Making 2 tasty comfort foods at once in the Instant Pot at the same time is a real time saver.
I absolutely love mashed potatoes. I do not love how long they take to cook. The Instant Pot became my preferred way of making mashed potatoes as soon as I figured out how to make them in it. Besides a reduced cooking time, the other great thing about making them in the Instant Pot is that if it’s summertime you aren’t heating up the house cooking. Mashed potatoes and meatloaf go really well together, it’s a meal containing two comfort foods. Add a little of the ever popular ranch flavor and you have Bacon Ranch Meatloaf and Ranch Mashed Potatoes. Making them both in the Instant Pot at the same time is a real time saver. The simplest way to do this is by using a steamer rack and a pan fo the meatloaf. Eveyone enjoyed the flavor in this dish and there were no leftovers whatsoever. Here’s how I make it.
Instant Pot Bacon Ranch Meatloaf And Ranch Mashed Potatoes
Some of the posts on this site, such as this one, contain an affiliate link. This means I MAY get paid a VERY SMALL commission if you purchase the product or service.
- Instant Pot pressure cooker (I used 6 qt model)
- Instant Pot glass lid – I love this lid because it keeps the food warm while I’m serving or while we’re eating
- push pan
- Instant Pot silicone mitts
- mixing bowl
- silicon potato masher
- silicone spoon
- measuring cup – I like the Pyrex glass measuring cups. They are super easy to read, wash well, and are very sturdy when placed on the counter.
- measuring spoon – I love adjustable measuring spoons. You can’t beat replacing a bunch of little spoons that get lost easily with two or three larger spoons.
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 packet ranch dip and dressing mix
- 1/2 cup shredded bacon
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4-1/2 cup sour cream
Place the potatoes into the Instant Pot and cover with water.
Place the ground beef, 1 packet ranch dip mix and bacon into a large bowl and mix well.
Place the rack into the Instant Pot.
Place the ground beef into the push pan, flattening and evening it out to form a meatloaf, and place that on the rack.
Set the pressure cooker to manual high pressure for 28 minutes.
Do a quick release.
Remove the meatloaf and set aside on a plate.
Use a silicone masher to mash the potatoes.
Add 1 packet ranch dressing and 1/4 cup sour cream to the potatoes and mix well.
Serve immediately with salt and pepper to taste.