Gluten-free Instant Pot Meatloaf And Cheddar Mashed Potatoes is simple comfort food. The entire meal is made in the Instant Pot, saving you time and dishes.
I make meatloaf once or twice a month. I usually make a gluten-free version so that we can all eat it. That’s the upside. The downside is that is takes over 75 minutes to prepare and cook. We all also love mashed potatoes but they take a fair amount of time to cook as well. I decided to try making both in the Instant Pot. I know more than one item can be cooked inside one Instant Pot if you have the appropriate rack or steamer bowl. I don’t have a rack for the inside of the pot yet, so I made a “basket” to hold the meatloaf out of aluminum foil. I used three sheets of aluminum foil, folding the edges up to form the sides of the “bowl”. I made sure the seams didn’t overlap in order to prevent leakage. When the basket is ready to be used, it sits on top of the potatoes. The finished meal was quite tasty. The meatloaf was a tad on the rare side, you could add another minute to the cooking cycle or simply microwave it a little if you want it more well done. The potatoes were very thick, warming and filling. if you don’t care for your potatoes being very thick, simply thin them out with a little additional milk. I will be making the meal again. Here’s how I made it.
Gluten-free Instant Pot Meatloaf And Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
Some of the posts on this site, such as this one, contain an affiliate link. This means I MAY get paid a VERY SMALL commission if you purchase the product or service.
- Instant Pot pressure cooker (I used 6 qt model)
- Instant Pot glass lid – I love this lid because it keeps the food warm while I’m serving or while we’re eating
- Instant Pot silicone mitts
- mixing bowl
- silicon potato masher
- silicone spoon
- measuring cup – I like the Pyrex glass measuring cups. They are super easy to read, wash well, and are very sturdy when placed on the counter.
- measuring spoon – I love adjustable measuring spoons. You can’t beat replacing a bunch of little spoons that get lost easily with two or three larger spoons.
- 2.5 lbs potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2.25 lbs ground beef
- 1.5 tsp onion powder
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 cup shredded bacon
- 2 cups water
- 8 oz shredded cheddar (I used a triple cheddar blend)
- 1/4 cup milk
Place the potatoes into the Instant Pot and cover with water.
Place the ground beef and seasonings into a large bowl and mix well.
Create a “bowl” to go inside the pot using aluminum foil.
Form a round meatloaf and place it into the foil bowl.
Set the pressure cooker to manual high pressure for 28 minutes.
Do a quick release.
Remove the meatloaf and set aside on a plate.
Use a silicon masher to mash the potatoes.
Add the cheese and milk to the potatoes and mix well.
Serve immediately with salt and pepper to taste.