Instant Pot Hamburger Macaroni And Cheese is a quick and easy meal, perfect for a busy night. The pasta and beef are smothered in ooey gooey cheese, making it a one-pot meal of warming comfort food.
Macaroni and cheese. It’s probably one of the most popular comfort foods there is. I have a number of different ways to make it. One of my newest, and most favorite, ways to make it is in the Instant Pot. The macaroni gets covered in ooey gooey cheese and it’s just sooooo good! I had some ground beef I had to cook one night and decided to put it in with the mac and cheese I’d been planning on making anyway. It was a big hit with both hubby and my oldest and was gone almost as quickly as the little time it took to make it. The beef gave it a nice flavor and made for a meal all by itself, instead of the mac and cheese being a side. Here’s how I make it.
Instant Pot Hamburger Macaroni And Cheese
Some of the posts on this site, such as this one, contain an affiliate link. This means I MAY get paid a VERY SMALL commission if you purchase the product or service.
- Instant Pot pressure cooker (I used 6 qt model)
- Instant Pot glass lid – I love this lid because it keeps the food warm while I’m serving or while we’re eating
- Instant Pot silicone mitts
- silicone spoon
- silicone chop stir
- measuring cup – I like the Pyrex glass measuring cups. They are super easy to read, wash well, and are very sturdy when placed on the counter.
- measuring spoon – I love adjustable measuring spoons. You can’t beat replacing a bunch of little spoons that get lost easily with two or three larger spoons.
Here’s convenient buttons that will let you easily purchase any of the items I’ve listed.
Instant Pot Silicone MittsSilicone Serving SpoonInstant Pot Glass LidPyrex 3-piece Glass Measuring Cup SetCook’s Pro Adjustable Measuring Spoon SetChopStir Original Hamburger ChopperInstant Pot 7-in-1 Multi-function Pressure Cooker
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 32 oz beef broth
- 12 oz Velveeta cheese
- 4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
Set Instant Pot to saute and brown the ground beef.
Add the elbow macaroni, beef broth, onion powder, garlic powder to the Instant Pot.
Set the Instant Pot to manual and cook for 8 minutes.
When the Instant Pot has finished cooking, do a quick pressure release.
Add the Velveeta cheese, shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream.
Set Instant Pot to saute and cook until the cheeses and sour cream are blended thoroughly.