Gluten-free Instant Pot Zesty Italian Chicken And Rice is an easy dinner idea. Italian dressing gives rice just the right amount of zing and flavor, and a slightly different spin on a warm dish.
We eat a lot of rice. It’s affordable, versatile, and in many cases gluten-free. I was looking for a way to give a warm rice dish a zesty feel and decided to use the salad dressing that I use when I make one of my pasta salads. It gave it just the right amount of zing and flavor, and a slightly different spin on a warm dish. Everyone enjoyed it, particularly my youngest, and we will be making it again. Here’s how I made it.
Gluten-free Zesty Italian Chicken And Rice For The Instant Pot
Some of the posts on this site, such as this one, contain an affiliate link. This means I MAY get paid a VERY SMALL commission if you purchase the product or service.
- Instant Pot pressure cooker (I used the 6 qt model)
- Instant Pot glass lid – I love this lid because it keeps the food warm while I’m serving or while we’re eating
- Instant Pot silicone lid – This lid is for food storage purposes. It will enable you to store your Instant Pot in the fridge, keeping your meal or leftovers covered and fresh.
- Instant Pot silicone mitts
- silicone spoon
- measuring cup – I like the Pyrex glass measuring cups. They are super easy to read, wash well, and are very sturdy when placed on the counter.
- knife –
- cutting board
Here’s convenient buttons that will let you easily purchase any of the items I’ve listed.
Instant Pot Glass LidInstant Pot Silicone LidInstant Pot Silicone MittsSilicone Serving Spoon3-piece Bamboo Cutting Board SetPyrex 20-piece Glass Storage SetPyrex 3-piece Glass Measuring Cup SetCuisinart 15-Piece Stainless Steel Knife SetInstant Pot 7-in-1 Multi-function Pressure Cooker
- 1 1/2 cups white rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup “zesty” Italian dressing (I used Robusto Italian)
- 9 oz Perdue Short Cuts Italian Chicken
- 2-4 oz shredded cheese (I used a blend of cheddar, jack and colby)
- salt and pepper to taste
Spray the Instant Pot with nonstick cooking spray.
Rinse the rice and place into the pressure cooker.
Pour water and Italian dressing into the pot.
Set to manual 4 to cook.
Cut the chicken into chunks.
Once the rice has cooked do a quick release and open the Instant Pot.
Add the shredded cheese and the chicken in and stir well.
Serve immediately with salt and pepper to taste.