Corn Sausage Chowder (or Sausage Corn Chowder depending on my mood) is one of my favorite soups ever. I have made it on the stove and in the slow cooker many, many times. I wanted to see how it turned out in my Instant Pot. I was out of marjoram, so substituted a little Italian seasoning instead. The resulting dish was delicious, and tasted as though it had been in the slow cooker for hours. Here’s how I made it.
Corn Sausage Chowder
Some of the posts on this site, such as this one, contain an affiliate link. This means I MAY get paid a VERY SMALL commission if you purchase the product or service.
- Instant Pot pressure cooker (I used the 6 qt model)
- Instant Pot glass lid – I love this lid because it keeps the food warm while I’m serving or while we’re eating
- Instant Pot silicone lid – This lid is for food storage purposes. It will enable you to store your Instant Pot in the fridge, keeping your meal or leftovers covered and fresh.
- Instant Pot silicone mitts
- silicone spoon
- measuring cup – I like the Pyrex glass measuring cups. They are super easy to read, wash well, and are very sturdy when placed on the counter.
- knife –
- cutting board
Here’s convenient buttons that will let you easily purchase any of the items I’ve listed.
Instant Pot Glass LidInstant Pot Silicone LidInstant Pot Silicone MittsSilicone Serving Spoon3-piece Bamboo Cutting Board SetPyrex 20-piece Glass Storage SetPyrex 3-piece Glass Measuring Cup SetCuisinart 15-Piece Stainless Steel Knife SetInstant Pot 7-in-1 Multi-function Pressure Cooker
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 3 cups potatoes, diced
- 2x 12 oz cans evaporated milk
- 2 cans corn
- 1 can creamed corn
- 4 oz water
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
Set the Instant Pot to saute and brown the sausage.
Peel and dice the potatoes.
Add the potatoes, water, evaporated milk and Italian seasoning to the pot.
Set the pressure cooker to manual for 10 minutes.
Add the corn.
Set to soup for 5 minutes.
Serve with salt and pepper to taste.