This Minty Chocolate Cheesecake from The Cheesecake Bible just looks gorgeous!
Courtesy of The Cheesecake Bible by George Geary 2014 © www.robertrose.ca Reprinted with publisher permission. Available where books are sold.
Minty Chocolate Cheesecake
This cheesecake reminds me of Christmas — chocolate and mint! Two great flavors to savor next to a warm fire.
- 11⁄2 cups chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs 375 mL
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted 50 mL
- 3 packages (each 8 oz/250 g) cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar 175 mL
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour 50 mL
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream 125 mL
- 1 tsp vanilla extract 5 mL
- 1⁄4 tsp peppermint extract 1 mL
- 3 oz semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled (see page 63) 90 g
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips 250 mL
- 2 tsp all-purpose flour 10 mL
This recipe serves 10 to 12 and calls for the use of a 9-inch (23 cm) cheesecake pan, ungreased, or springform pan with 3-inch (7.5 cm) sides, greased.
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)
Crust: In a bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press into bottom of cheesecake pan and freeze.
Filling: In a mixer bowl fitted with paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and sugar on medium-high speed until very smooth, for 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Mix in the 1⁄4 cup (50 mL) flour. Mix in sour cream, vanilla and peppermint extract. With the mixer running, pour in melted chocolate in a steady stream. In a small bowl, combine chocolate chips and the 2 tsp (10 mL) flour. Fold into batter by hand.
Pour over frozen crust, smoothing out to sides of pan. Bake in preheated oven until top is light brown and center has a slight jiggle to it, 45 to 55 minutes. Let cool in pan
on a wire rack for 2 hours. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving.
Purchase chocolate in bar form rather than as chips for the melted semisweet chocolate in this recipe. When making cookie crumbs, you do not have to scrape the cream filling out of the cookies; just place them whole into the food processor and pulse.
Be sure to check out my review of The Cheesecake Bible!
- Paperback: 320 pages
- Publisher: Robert Rose; Original edition (October 10, 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0778801926
- ISBN-13: 978-0778801924
- Cover price $24.95
Some of the posts on this site, such as this one, contain an affiliate link. This means I MAY get paid a VERY SMALL commission if you purchase the product or service.