Here’s a recipe for Ham, Cheese, and Spinach Mini #Quiches, courtesy of Creative Cooking For One Or Two cookbook, shown below.
This pair of savory mini quiches combines classic ham and cheese with a bit of garlic sautéed spinach for extra flavor and nutrition. Enjoy them for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or supper.
Ham, Cheese, and Spinach Mini Quiches
Total calories in this recipe are 1150; 575 for each mini quiche.
- 3 ounces fresh spinach or ¼ box frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- ½ small clove garlic, minced or 1⁄16 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 ounces sliced cooked ham, diced
- 2 ounces Swiss or Gruyère cheese, shredded: ½ cup
- ½ cup evaporated skim milk or 1⁄3 cup powdered
- nonfat dry milk mixed with ½ cup water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3–4 drops Tabasco or other pepper sauce
- Pinch of grated nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 individual portions Pie Crust Dough (p. 28)
Sauté the spinach and garlic in the olive oil until it is wilted but still bright green.
Add the diced ham and set aside.
Beat together the egg, evaporated milk, dry mustard, Tabasco sauce, nutmeg, and salt until smooth.
Roll out the chilled pie crust dough into two rounds large enough to fit in the pie plates with adequate overhang to form fluted edges.
Once the pie crusts are completed, divide the spinach/ham mixture evenly between the two pie plates.
Sprinkle the cheese on top and pour the egg mixture evenly over all.
Bake at 375°F for approximately 30 minutes, until the crust is slightly browned and the filling soft set.
This recipe is courtesy of the publisher of Creative Cooking For One Or Two.
Some posts on this site, such as this one, contain an affiliate link, which means I may get paid a small commission (and I do mean SMALL) if you purchase the product or service.
- Hardcover: 304 pages
- Publisher: Skyhorse Publishing; 1 edition (November 6, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1626360065
- ISBN-13: 978-1626360068
- Cover price $17.95
Be sure to check out my review of Creative Cooking For One Or Two.