Here’s a recipe for my artichoke loving readers!
This recipe is courtesy of Easy Everyday Slow Cooker Recipes by Donna-Marie Pye, 2014 © www.robertrose.ca Reprinted with publisher permission.
Creamy Chicken Artichoke Casserole
Recipe is courtesy of Easy Everyday Slow Cooker Recipes by Donna-Marie Pye, 2014 © www.robertrose.ca Reprinted with publisher permission.
page 106, poultry
Makes 6 servings
I love recipes that let me use some ready-made ingredients to make a simple, tasty dish. The crushed salad croutons on the casserole give it a crunchy topping. Serve with rice and a crisp green salad to finish this dish nicely.
Requires 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, stoneware greased
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped 1
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken 750 mL
- 1 cup shredded Asiago cheese 250 mL
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onions 60 mL
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) artichoke hearts drained and chopped, 1
- 1 container (10 oz/300 mL) Alfredo sauce 1
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise 125 mL
- 11⁄2 cups croutons, coarsely crushed 375 mL
- Sliced green onions (optional)
1. In a large bowl, combine red pepper, chicken, Asiago, green onions, artichokes, Alfredo sauce and mayonnaise. Transfer to prepared slow cooker stoneware. Sprinkle with croutons.
2. Cover and cook on Low for 5 to 6 hours or on High for 21⁄2 to 3 hours, until bubbling. If desired, sprinkle with sliced green onions.
You can substitute light Alfredo sauce and mayonnaise for the regular versions called for in this recipe.
Some of the posts on this site, such as this one, contain an affiliate link. This means I MAY get paid a VERY SMALL commission if you purchase the product or service.
- Author: Donna-Marie Pye
- Publisher: Robert Rose (June 26, 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0778804836
- ISBN-13: 978-0778804833
- Cover price $24.95
Be sure to check out my review of Easy Everyday Slow Cooker Recipes.