My hubby liked the stuffed shells I made so much that I thought I’d try a different variation. The mixture for the shells here is sort of a variation of what’s in my Quick And Easy Cheesy Taco Beef Rice Casserole Recipe or my Mexican Salsa Meat Pie.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1x 12 oz box jumbo pasta shells
- 2x 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2x 1.5 oz taco seasoning packets
- 4 cups salsa – divided into 2 cups and 2 cups
- 6 oz shredded taco cheese – divided into 2 oz and 4 oz portions
Preheat the oven.
Brown the ground beef.
Put softened cream cheese into a medium sized mixing bowl and mix well.
Add seasonings to cream cheese and mix well.
Drain ground beef and put into bowl.
Add 4 oz of the shredded cheese to the bowl and stir well.
Add 2 cups of the salsa to the bowl and stir well.
Spoon the mixture into the shells.
Drizzle the remaining 2 cups of salsa across the shells.
Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese over the shells.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the cheese on top is melting.
Remove from oven.
Let sit for 5 minutes and serve.