Shrimp Club Panini Recipe
Excerpted from 200 Best Panini Recipes by Tiffany Collins © 2013 Robert Rose Inc. www.robertrose.ca Reprinted with publisher permission.
page 80, Fish/Seafood
To me, this is the perfect recipe, with the ideal mix of ingredients. Make sure you have extra napkins ready before you bite into this sandwich — you will need them!
If you have leftover grilled shrimp from a cookout, they would be wonderful in this recipe.
Remove the flesh of an avocado by cutting it in half lengthwise. Twist it open, leaving the pit on one side. Gently strike the pit with a large, sharp knife (I use my French knife) and twist again to remove the pit. Using a large soup spoon, scoop the flesh from the skin and slice it. Avocado flesh browns easily once it is sliced;
to keep browning to a minimum, sprinkle it with lime or lemon juice.
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 tsp salt (1 mL)
- 1⁄4 tsp freshly ground black pepper (1 mL)
- 2 Italian rolls, split
- 1 tbsp olive oil (15 mL)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (50 mL)
- 8 oz medium shrimp, cooked and halved lengthwise (250 G)
- 2 oz Swiss cheese, thinly sliced (60 g)
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp
- 1 large avocado, sliced
• Preheat panini grill to high
1. Sprinkle tomato slices evenly with salt and pepper; set aside.
2. Place rolls, cut side down, on a work surface and brush crusts with oil. Turn rolls over and spread
with mayonnaise. On bottom halves, evenly layer with shrimp, cheese, bacon, avocado and seasoned tomato. Cover with top halves and press gently
3. Place sandwiches in grill, close the top plate and cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve immediately.
The product(s) featured in this review was provided free of cost to me for the sole purpose of product testing and review. This review has not been monetarily compensated. Please note that any personal opinions reflected in this post are my own and have not been influenced by the sponsor in any way.
Some of the posts on this site may contain an affiliate link, which means I may get paid a small commission (and I do mean SMALL) if you purchase the product or service.
- Updated September 2013 – New features! Over 75,000 copies already sold in previous editions
- Paperback: 256 pages
- Publisher: Robert Rose
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0778802019
- ISBN-13: 978-0778802013
- Cover price $24.95